The Student Room Group

Graduate Dentistry- 2016 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations!
Does anybody know the layout of the MMI interview at Liverpool (i.e.how many manual dexterity tasks there are)?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jake walton
Also got an offer for Liverpool, when is yours mate?

Congrats, mine is on the 16th of Feb. When is yours?
Same to you, 18th of Feb! You had any others?
Same to you, 18th of Feb! You had any others?

Yes I had an Interview at Aberdeen last month. Have you had any others?
Yes I had one two weeks ago now with UCLAN! Looking forward to this one!!
Yes I had one two weeks ago now with UCLAN! Looking forward to this one!!

Did it go well, I heard the test was really hard.
The test was okay actually, I thought. Interview was really friendly and it goes quick, just fingers crossed now 🙏
Reply 27
Hi, I realise this is an old thread but I can't find any other graduate-entry dentistry forums to post on. I'm currently in my second year and hoping to study dentistry after I graduate but I wanted to know whether you have to declare each of your module marks on the UCAS form? I can't seem to find any information about this anywhere :/
Original post by EveY
Hi, I realise this is an old thread but I can't find any other graduate-entry dentistry forums to post on. I'm currently in my second year and hoping to study dentistry after I graduate but I wanted to know whether you have to declare each of your module marks on the UCAS form? I can't seem to find any information about this anywhere :/

For graduates they only want your overall or predicted degree grade on ucas or at least that's all they asked for when I did it. Only when you apply to universities those universities may ask you to fill in a form i.e. Uni of Liverpool if you apply for the 4yr grad course and not the 5 yr one stating the modules you took to ensure you have the relevant biological knowledge. However, you will need to put in you gcse and a levels marks again. Hope that helps but if you're not sure you could ask your universities careers center as they should be able to advise you on this.
Reply 29
Soooo, it's been 4 weeks since the grad interviews :biggrin: Should we hope to hear from them today?
Anyone got any news from Aberdeen?
Original post by ConnorMacleod5
Anyone got any news from Aberdeen?

Hi, Yes unconditional offer :biggrin:D what about you?!
Original post by claraoshea93
Hi, Yes unconditional offer :biggrin:D what about you?!

Nice one congratulations! Got a conditional myself, is it your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ConnorMacleod5
Nice one congratulations! Got a conditional myself, is it your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it is :smile: is it yours? Im so excited haha
Reply 34
Hello,
I was just wondering if it is true that you can only apply once to each University. I am interested in applying for next year and my first choice would be Aberdeen! Does that mean if I apply to Aberdeen and I do not get a place I cannot apply again the fallowing year?
Original post by laurasla
Hello,
I was just wondering if it is true that you can only apply once to each University. I am interested in applying for next year and my first choice would be Aberdeen! Does that mean if I apply to Aberdeen and I do not get a place I cannot apply again the fallowing year?

I don't know about aberdeen or some other universities but with liverpool I do know that if you're invited to an interview and you don't get a place you can no longer apply there; however if you weren't invited for an interview you can apply again. With other universities it differs, I think i read somewhere that cardiff allows you 4 chances and if you fail you can't apply anymore.
Reply 36
Original post by Random.guy
I don't know about aberdeen or some other universities but with liverpool I do know that if you're invited to an interview and you don't get a place you can no longer apply there; however if you weren't invited for an interview you can apply again. With other universities it differs, I think i read somewhere that cardiff allows you 4 chances and if you fail you can't apply anymore.

Thank you for letting me know! I will email them and ask as Aberdeen would be my first choice!
Original post by JohnDeMetz
Interview offer from Liverpool. :smile:

Also got an offer for Liverpool, when is yours mate?

Original post by April22
By post-grad, I assume you meant that you will get a Bachelor's degree, which is actually grad haha. Anyway, I have a high 2:1 and 667 ukcat with band 1. I got 2 interviews from KCL. Your ukcat is not bad, I think people got interviews with lower. Maybe, as you mentioned, your experience was not enough, which limited you when you wrote your PS?

Hey everyone!!!! Sorry to resurrect this thread but I am hoping to apply to graduate entry dentistry for 2017 entry - I was wandering what your stats were like and what work experience you had, as you all got an interview? Thank you for your help!
Reply 38
Original post by helloimastudent
Hey everyone!!!! Sorry to resurrect this thread but I am hoping to apply to graduate entry dentistry for 2017 entry - I was wandering what your stats were like and what work experience you had, as you all got an interview? Thank you for your help!

Hey there! I got interviews at KCL for both the grad and undergrad course. I got a degree with 3.68 GPA and 667,5 band 1. I did a bunch of mixed work exp with dentists, doctors, ER, and some volunteering too.
For the grad course around 400 people applied, 40 were interviewed and they made offers to 20. I didn't get an offer for it but got one for the undergrad course.
What unis are you considering?
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi, was just wondering how are you funding this if it's the full 5 year course, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest