University of Exeter
Exeter

The Official Exeter Applicants Thread 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got Medical Sciences offer yet?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Hey applied for Evolutionary Biology BSc and MSci on 14th October. I haven't received offers yet.
Reply 182
H
Original post by SGrice
I'm applying! I'm a student from the U.S. applying for 2016 undergraduate entry to Exeter in English and French. So excited there's now a thread! Anyone else?

Ah me too! Have you had an offer yet?
Original post by katiax
Wow thats amazing! Congrats! :smile:
Have you already got your grades? If not do you mind me asking what you are predicted? :smile:

Thank you! I'm so so happy.
Yes I've already done my A-levels (A*A*A*)

Good luck with your application! I presume you're applying to Exeter for English too? :smile:
Applying for English. I've sent my application on my end just waiting for school to attach reference.

My predicted grades are A*AB (the B is economics) so I'll have to see how it goes. I really hope I get an offer.

I wish my grades were a little higher but getting predicted even 1 A* is really rare in my school where the majority are C/B grade averages

In my school 30 of us took lit and only 6 of us got above a C in AS...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 185
Original post by Guardianbright
Applying for English. I've sent my application on my end just waiting for school to attach reference.

My predicted grades are A*AB (the B is economics) so I'll have to see how it goes. I really hope I get an offer.

I wish my grades were a little higher but getting predicted even 1 A* is really rare in my school where the majority are C/B grade averages

In my school 30 of us took lit and only 6 of us got above a C in AS...

What did you get in your AS, if you don't mind my asking?
Anyone applied for English with Study in North America?
Reply 187
Original post by voraciousreader
Thank you! I'm so so happy.
Yes I've already done my A-levels (A*A*A*)

Good luck with your application! I presume you're applying to Exeter for English too? :smile:

You must be, I so hope I get an offer!

Ah ok - they're incredible results wow well done! xxx
Reply 188
I know this seems like it's waaaay off but does anyone know when application for accommodation at Exeter opens? :biggrin:
Reply 189
Original post by Saga1997
Anyone got an offer for BA Modern Languages yet?

Hope it'll be soon as sent of application on 7th of October

I have! Still waiting.
Anybody had an offer for Law yet?
Original post by lucyx
I know this seems like it's waaaay off but does anyone know when application for accommodation at Exeter opens? :biggrin:

Have you checked in the 2016 prospectus or any leaflets from the open day? I've only got information about the Penryn campus so I can't really be much help - sorry!
Applying for physics, MPhys, and got an interview on the 19th !

AS: AAAA + predicted A
A2 predicted:A*A*A*A

Any other physicists? :smile: What is the interview like ?
Original post by pbl1998
What did you get in your AS, if you don't mind my asking?

Don't mind at all. For the subjects taken to A2 I got AAB :smile: I was only predicted A* for one of the A's as I got 180/200 ums compared to only just geting an A on the other. Although still possible for me to get two A*'s my school won't predict them unless you have a very high A.
Original post by chloetraynor
Anybody had an offer for Law yet?

Not yet :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone!
I have sent off my UCAS application on 16th Oct and I still havent received any news from Exeter.. I heard quite a lot of people actually got offers from them so should I send them an email or not?
Pls help! Thx
Original post by mint_chocolate
Hi everyone!
I have sent off my UCAS application on 16th Oct and I still havent received any news from Exeter.. I heard quite a lot of people actually got offers from them so should I send them an email or not?
Pls help! Thx

Hi do you mind me asking which course you are applying for? I have heard that for some courses they don't decide until January when the UCAS deadline is as they want to consider all applicants equally. I also applied the same time as you and have only received an acknowledgement email. I wouldn't worry too much, I am sure you will hear from them soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy5050
Hi do you mind me asking which course you are applying for? I have heard that for some courses they don't decide until January when the UCAS deadline is as they want to consider all applicants equally. I also applied the same time as you and have only received an acknowledgement email. I wouldn't worry too much, I am sure you will hear from them soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya I have applied for law:smile: oh really? cuz I heard from my friends that they have all received an offer from Exeter after a week since they submitted UCAS so I started worrying:tongue: Haha thx tho! Is Exeter your first choice?
Original post by mint_chocolate
Hiya I have applied for law:smile: oh really? cuz I heard from my friends that they have all received an offer from Exeter after a week since they submitted UCAS so I started worrying:tongue: Haha thx tho! Is Exeter your first choice?

I am applying for a different course, and yes Exeter is the uni I am hoping for. What about you? I know quite a few people who have had offers but I think it is only time to worry if we haven't heard by late January :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emsybearboho
Ahh don't worry it's not so bad! Tips: go over texts you did at AS and A Level and have ONE example from wider reading - my whole personal statement was on texts I had read outside of school so no questions on any of them! 😁😁 also, they asked me to compare my texts with each other so maybe think about that :smile: best of luck! Rooting for you :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also, when you say you were asked to compare texts are these texts on your PS or school texts or both?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending