The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter accommodation for insurance/clearing

I have an offer from Exeter and I'll likely go there however I want to put a uni with higher requirements as my firm. This means I can't apply for accommodation until results day. Is it likely that I won't have anywhere to live first year? I most likely cannot afford any of the private halls and I've read that I am not guaranteed accommodation. Anyone else that has gone through clearing or gone to their insurance whether it be Exeter or any other uni please let me know
Reply 1
So I went through clearing to Exeter and couldn’t get any on-campus accommodation and had to go private. I’ve attached the university guidelines on accommodation guan rates for clearing/insurance students below. That said, I know there are some private halls that are cheaper than some of the campus options, so do have a look. Hope this helps!

‘If you have Exeter as your insurance or clearing choice, or you have received a place through adjustment, you can apply when your University offer is confirmed.
Please note, it can take up to 2 days for a firmly accepted offer to be transferred from Admissions to our accommodation system. This means you won’t be able to activate an accommodation account immediately.
If your original firm course offer is declined but you then firm another offer through clearing, you must contact the Accommodation Office to get your accommodation application reinstated as it will have been withdrawn after the initial decline.’
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by tw559
So I went through clearing to Exeter and couldn’t get any on-campus accommodation and had to go private. I’ve attached the university guidelines on accommodation guan rates for clearing/insurance students below. That said, I know there are some private halls that are cheaper than some of the campus options, so do have a look. Hope this helps!
‘If you have Exeter as your insurance or clearing choice, or you have received a place through adjustment, you can apply when your University offer is confirmed.
Please note, it can take up to 2 days for a firmly accepted offer to be transferred from Admissions to our accommodation system. This means you won’t be able to activate an accommodation account immediately.
If your original firm course offer is declined but you then firm another offer through clearing, you must contact the Accommodation Office to get your accommodation application reinstated as it will have been withdrawn after the initial decline.’

Thanks so much for the response. Would you say your experience was worsened by the fact that you weren’t in university halls? And what year did you apply? Last year they gave an accommodation guarantee to all insurance and clearing applicants. Again thanks for the response that really helps 🙏
Reply 3
Original post by rohanmo
Thanks so much for the response. Would you say your experience was worsened by the fact that you weren’t in university halls? And what year did you apply? Last year they gave an accommodation guarantee to all insurance and clearing applicants. Again thanks for the response that really helps 🙏

My first year was 2021 (which feels so weird to say), which was the year after a bunch of people delayed applying due to covid, which may have something to do with it.

I definitely wouldn't say my experienced was worsened being off campus. It was a bit sad not having other freshers in my accommodation, but I met a lot of people through society and course events, and I spent a decent amount of time either at theirs or on campus, plus I was basically right in town which meant that going out was a lot easier for me. Main downside of being off campus honestly is the walk to campus, but that's something you have to get used to for 2nd year anyway so it's really not that big an issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending