The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The Official Exeter Applicants Thread 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alicekett
I applied for Applied Psychology (Clinical) in November and had my interview in January but still haven't heard back either. Have you had your interview?

I was thinking of applying for the same course at Exeter later this year but it seems to be one of the only ones that they actually hold interviews for; it being >day long< is pretty daunting. What was it like?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by brimstone131
Change of topic, but is anyone still waiting for a decision? My UCAS track says 'currently considering' for Law/European Study -know it can be as late as May, but I don't have any other offers, so I can't start Extra until Exeter come back to me....... Anyone else the same? I really want to go to Exeter, but it's killing me, seeing as I applied in November!!

I think unis all set an internal deadline of 31st March to reply to offers so I think you might hear by tomorrow? I have an offer for law but not sure how they handle the European one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Velvetgh0st
I think unis all set an internal deadline of 31st March to reply to offers so I think you might hear by tomorrow? I have an offer for law but not sure how they handle the European one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

so you are saying that we should all most likely receive some sort of reply at some time during the day tomorrow..??
Original post by Chris.Rock
so you are saying that we should all most likely receive some sort of reply at some time during the day tomorrow..??

Well I know Durham and Nottingham have said they'll reply by tomorrow and I've kinda heard that date thrown around these forums, but I don't know for definite

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1004
Original post by alicekett
I applied for Applied Psychology (Clinical) in November and had my interview in January but still haven't heard back either. Have you had your interview?

I had my interview in December. Hopefully they will be sending the final decision tomorrow :biggrin:
still have not heard anything back from them.... :/

Exeter is the last Uni to reply to me.

Is it dumb to believe that if you have not had a reply back by now and you applied before January then there is a very slim chance that you will get a place on your desired course.??
Same here man

That's what I was thinking - but another part of me reckons that if it's taken this long it might not be a no?

IDK just my mind doing flips - I really need at least one, and Exeter would be my no1 choice.
Same here man

That's what I was thinking - but another part of me reckons that if it's taken this long it might not be a no?

IDK just my mind doing flips - I really need at least one, and Exeter would be my no1 choice.

what course have you applied for?
what course have you applied for?

Law with European studies, what about you?

My only thought is that they had some 50/50 applications?
Law with European studies, what about you?

My only thought is that they had some 50/50 applications?

well I applied for Business Economics, and I am pretty sure it is quite a popular choice so I don't really have high hopes in regards to getting an offer...
Original post by SailorKitsune
I was thinking of applying for the same course at Exeter later this year but it seems to be one of the only ones that they actually hold interviews for; it being >day long< is pretty daunting. What was it like?

It seems pretty daunting but it honestly wasn't that bad. They say its a day long but they have several interviews in a day so they tell you your time slot nearer the day. You have a group interview which is basically a discussion about a stimulus they get to read before the interview, its not stressful at all. After you have a individual interview where they ask you about something else you have to read about and a bit more into you UCAS application really. Don't let the interview put you off because its not as bad as it seems and its over in an hour max. Hopes this helps :smile:
Reply 1011
Called them today, the reply was: We still haven't decided yet, we don't know when the decisions will be made. Didn't even give a rough date! Unbelievable!:s-smilie:
Original post by Alart
Called them today, the reply was: We still haven't decided yet, we don't know when the decisions will be made. Didn't even give a rough date! Unbelievable!:s-smilie:

yea exact same with me when I called them.

I asked them why they have not made a decision by now. They then assured me that there would still be space on my course despite waiting so long, just that they have been quite busy
Received an e-mail from exeter yesterday stating that my application is still "under active consideration" and I just got an offer today!

I've been waiting since November so I'm very pleased! :biggrin:
yea exact same with me when I called them.

I asked them why they have not made a decision by now. They then assured me that there would still be space on my course despite waiting so long, just that they have been quite busy

Hi do you mind me asking what course that's for? I applied for bioscience in October and still waiting. Thanks and good luck
Original post by Auntynelly
Hi do you mind me asking what course that's for? I applied for bioscience in October and still waiting. Thanks and good luck

I applied for Business Economics in January.

Unfortunately, they told me that this course is one of their more popular and more competitive courses...
...So the fact that I have not heard anything back yet and other people probably have heard back is getting me quite worried.
I applied for Business Economics in January.

Unfortunately, they told me that this course is one of their more popular and more competitive courses...
...So the fact that I have not heard anything back yet and other people probably have heard back is getting me quite worried.

Yeah same.
Reply 1017
I've applied for Physics with Astrophysics.
Anyone knows about the entry requeriments flexibility in that degree?
Got an offer today for FCH ( chemistry and sport science) My offer was AAB
aghhhh, still no reply...! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending