Exeter

The Official Exeter Applicants Thread 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Anyone applied to do History at the Penryn campus? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Hey I have accepted Evolutionary Biology MSci at the Penryn campus for my firm choice! Any other evolutionary biologists?
Anyone got any idea if there's a diving (scuba) society at Exeter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if the university is open on Saturday's? I am planning to visit and will only be able to go on that day (as I live in Abu Dhabi, haha) so having to do a self guided tour.... but need to know if it's even open before i book my flight! Thank you :smile:

ALSO: its a lot to ask but are there any student ambassadors who would be willing to come in on Saturday 16th to show me a little bit around? may be a lot to ask but thought that I would at least try.
(edited 8 years ago)
Got an offer for FCH Business and Geography at the Penryn Campus.

Unsure whether to make Leeds or Exeter (Penryn) my firm choice.
Original post by HeyaHaley
Hey I have accepted Evolutionary Biology MSci at the Penryn campus for my firm choice! Any other evolutionary biologists?

Hey! I've got an offer for Zoology but I'm in a Facebook group with some people who are doing Evo Bio? Look up the UoE Penryn Campus Facebook group (or I'll link it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PenrynCampusOfferHolders2016/ ) and I can add you to the biosciences chat? 😊
(edited 8 years ago)
Firmed Exeter today to study biological sciences - is anyone else ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all :biggrin:

I'm choosing between Exeter and Bath for my firm for Politics.
I have a lower and more realistic offer for Exeter but am swayed towards Bath.
Can anyone offer any advice?

Original post by Bubble486
Hi all :biggrin:

I'm choosing between Exeter and Bath for my firm for Politics.
I have a lower and more realistic offer for Exeter but am swayed towards Bath.
Can anyone offer any advice?

I went to visit both recently, and I've decided to firm Exeter. Have you been to visit them? If not I'd highly advise it because when I went it changed all my opinions of the uni's! I think both campuses were nice but I preferred Exeter's by some margin and Exeter seemed like a good well-rounded university so... I think what put me off Bath partly was because the lecturer who took me round wasn't very friendly and I didn't like the biology labs :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
How come Exeter doesn't allocate accommodation via a first come first served system? That being said, when is the earliest I could be confirmed my choice? And also if I'm an International student will I be given any priority? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jerseyalevel
How come Exeter doesn't allocate accommodation via a first come first served system? That being said, when is the earliest I could be confirmed my choice? And also if I'm an International student will I be given any priority? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exeter are notoriously slow with giving out offers, so it wouldn't really be fair if was on a first come first served basis for people who haven't had decisions back yet. If you have an unconditional firm, you should hear back by the accommodation deadline, but if you're a conditional firm it should be shortly after your place is guaranteed on results day. As for international, I'm not sure
Original post by jerseyalevel
I went to visit both recently, and I've decided to firm Exeter. Have you been to visit them? If not I'd highly advise it because when I went it changed all my opinions of the uni's! I think both campuses were nice but I preferred Exeter's by some margin and Exeter seemed like a good well-rounded university so... I think what put me off Bath partly was because the lecturer who took me round wasn't very friendly and I didn't like the biology labs :':wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks that's really helpful.
I've been to both unit but both at the beginning of year 12 so it's quite hard to remember. I also didn't get a chance to look at the politics department at Bath so I'm having to go off the website which is obviously very pro.
I am so terrible at decisions.
Thanks again though!
I applied for Biological Sciences with year in industry, in OCTOBER
The other day I got an email from them saying I was unsuccessful in getting a place on that course, but if I email back by a certian date, they'll give me an offer for Natural Sciences?!
The NatSci course there looks rubbish so I replied to see what they offer me. Such a joke they've taken this long to say this, and my UCAS hasn't even changed!
Anyone else had this malarkey?
Original post by Auntynelly
Hi do you mind me asking what course that's for? I applied for bioscience in October and still waiting. Thanks and good luck

Finally heard from them, applied the same as you, rejected but offered me a place on NatSci, almost no Bio in the course tho?!
Original post by b_e_a_t_a
Finally heard from them, applied the same as you, rejected but offered me a place on NatSci, almost no Bio in the course tho?!

Same. I got an email in the week. Are you going to say yes to an offer?
I applied for Biological Sciences with year in industry, in OCTOBER
The other day I got an email from them saying I was unsuccessful in getting a place on that course, but if I email back by a certian date, they'll give me an offer for Natural Sciences?!
The NatSci course there looks rubbish so I replied to see what they offer me. Such a joke they've taken this long to say this, and my UCAS hasn't even changed!
Anyone else had this malarkey?

I got an email in the week of them apologising for taking so long because they have outstanding information for some students. Hopefully this means I possibly got in since you got that email and I got that one? :/

I received an offer of A*AA for natsci and will decline it. Have you heard back from them?
Yeeess I have an offer for Medical Science + training year - anyone going to the last offer holder visit day?
I've put Exeter as my firm choice so now I just have to get AAB :biggrin: French and Film Studies... anyone else??
Original post by Auntynelly
Same. I got an email in the week. Are you going to say yes to an offer?

noooo, they're asking for A*AA for a course thats pretty much all maths...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending