The Student Room Group

Pharmacy choices?

Hey, I need advice and general help on where to apply. I want to do Pharmacy and I am predicted AAB.
I live in London but I wouldn’t mind leaving so I was thinking, Cardiff, UCL, KCL and that’s whereI stand at the moment.
Any suggestions on where to go for Pharmacy or where NOT to go etc is very much appreciated.
Thanks.
Original post by MadMilk
Hey, I need advice and general help on where to apply. I want to do Pharmacy and I am predicted AAB.
I live in London but I wouldn’t mind leaving so I was thinking, Cardiff, UCL, KCL and that’s whereI stand at the moment.
Any suggestions on where to go for Pharmacy or where NOT to go etc is very much appreciated.
Thanks.

Have a look at Durham (AAB)
Leicester (BBB)
Manchester (aBB)
Nottingham (ABB)
Bradford (ABB)
Huddersfield (ABB)
Good luck!
Original post by Hannahmay01
Have a look at Durham (AAB)
Leicester (BBB)
Manchester (aBB)
Nottingham (ABB)
Bradford (ABB)
Huddersfield (ABB)
Good luck!

also Bath and Aston
Reply 3
Thanks a bunch for your suggestions. Bath, Nottingham and Durham have been a possible choice but I couldn't make their open days, so its reassuring they're suggested.
Something to add is Cardiff as good as those suggested, it seems to do well in rankings when it comes to 'Pharmacy and Pharmacology.
[QUOTE="MadMilk;60024495"]Thanks a bunch for your suggestions. Bath, Nottingham and Durham have been a possible choice but I couldn't make their open days, so its reassuring they're suggested.
Something to add is Cardiff as good as those suggested, it seems to do well in rankings when it comes to 'Pharmacy and Pharmacology.[/QUOTE
Cardiff does have a very good reputation for Pharmacy. Due to the competitive nature of the course ensure you put one slightly less competitive. Bath, Nottingham and Cardiff are fine as options. Check out Durham as I believe it is not on their main campus but in Stockton 25 miles away. Nottingham I believe require A level Maths. Possibly consider someone Like Aston or Reading as a fourth choice and somewhere like Keele or Portsmouth as your last choice
Reply 5
Applied for med and pharmacy actually. But it's really hard to decide.. cardiff, kings and durham are great places! It's hard to distinguish between them! any suggestions? x
Reply 6
Original post by swanseajack1
also Bath and Aston

I thought Nottingham was actually AAB
Reply 7
Original post by ruchitax
Applied for med and pharmacy actually. But it's really hard to decide.. cardiff, kings and durham are great places! It's hard to distinguish between them! any suggestions? x

I'd say Cardiff > Kings > Durham.

Durham's MPharm is new and isn't fully accredited, but Durham is an amazing university just like the other two.
Reply 8
Original post by Kaeden
I'd say Cardiff > Kings > Durham.

Durham's MPharm is new and isn't fully accredited, but Durham is an amazing university just like the other two.

Cheers! What about uni of exeter for MPharm? Are you applying for pharmacy also?x
Reply 9
Original post by ruchitax
Cheers! What about uni of exeter for MPharm? Are you applying for pharmacy also?x

Exeter do not offer Pharmacy! I wish they did though because I've only heard great things about the university.

Yeah, I'm also applying to Pharmacy. I just sent off my UCAS application this week. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending