The Student Room Group

Personal Statement for both dentistry and pharmacy

I'm applying to do both dentistry and pharmacy so need to make my personal statement generic enough to include both of them. I'm worried that if I talk about being interested in both courses that it will look like I'm not committed. Not too sure on how to balance info talking about pharmacy and dentistry Also not sure how to structure it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Scroll to see replies

Im applying to do both dentistry and pharmacy so need to make my personal statement generic enough to include both of them. I'm worried that if I talk about being interested in both courses that it will look like I'm not committed. Not too sure on how to balance info talking about pharmacy and dentistry Also not sure how to structure it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated
Do separate ones.
Thanks, I'm just not sure if pharmacy will be ok with it because I was speaking to a professor who said that applicants with dentistry personal statements are rejected
Just apply 4 dentistry.
Clearing have plenty of pharmacy vacancies at many universities who at that point dont care about your ps.
Ok thanks, do you know what universities don't mind? I would like to apply for pharmacy at Ulster university and QUB but don't know how they feel about the personal statement for pharmacy. Also, is it true that if you apply to do 2 different courses at the same uni that it's frowned upon?
Original post by Studentperson1
Ok thanks, do you know what universities don't mind? I would like to apply for pharmacy at Ulster university and QUB but don't know how they feel about the personal statement for pharmacy. Also, is it true that if you apply to do 2 different courses at the same uni that it's frowned upon?

Yes its frowned upon.

What i meant is apply using all 4 choices for dentistry.
Have pharmacy as ur insurance choice.
And apply to pharmacy in clearing after a level results as they have plenty of vacancies at many top universities e.g. newcastle .
Im applying to do both dentistry and pharmacy so need to make my personal statement generic enough to include both of them. I'm worried that if I talk about being interested in both courses that it will look like I'm not committed. Not too sure on how to balance info talking about pharmacy and dentistry Also not sure how to structure it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Given that you have only one PS I would suggest aiming it solely at dentistry. Pharmacy departments are used to being the fifth choice for medicine and dentistry applicants.
Reply 8
Original post by lionike123
Do separate ones.

You only get one personal statement on UCAS....

Posted from TSR Mobile
You sure? My friend applied to two courses at the same uni and got offers from both of them using the same PS(medicine and biomedicine)

Ask your pharmacy uni if they need a separate statement. If not as above tailor it to dentistry.
Reply 11
I'm also thinking of applying to both but I literally thought I was the only person who wanted to dentistry/pharmacy lmao. Id says if you want to study dentistry badly then just focus on dentistry. Dental schools are looking for PS that show dedication to dentistry and including another subject doesn't really show that. I think I've made the decision to just stick to dentistry in my PS and worst-case scenario try and get into Pharmacy by clearing? Hope I helped
Original post by Fkhan2202
I'm also thinking of applying to both but I literally thought I was the only person who wanted to dentistry/pharmacy lmao. Id says if you want to study dentistry badly then just focus on dentistry. Dental schools are looking for PS that show dedication to dentistry and including another subject doesn't really show that. I think I've made the decision to just stick to dentistry in my PS and worst-case scenario try and get into Pharmacy by clearing? Hope I helped

I’m sure this helped but this thread is 2 years old. Hopefully, OP got their offer and are doing either Dentistry or Pharmacy!
Reply 13
LOL I didn't even realise! And yeah hopefully, wonder what they ended up writing in their PS.
I'm applying to do both dentistry and pharmacy so need to make my personal statement generic enough to include both of them. I'm worried that if I talk about being interested in both courses that it will look like I'm not committed. Not too sure on how to balance info talking about pharmacy and dentistry Also not sure how to structure it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

literally in the same position rn
Original post by louzz.05

That user hasn't logged on for 4 years, so I don't think you'll find out what happened with them
Reply 16
Original post by louzz.05

So what are u doing now as im in the same position too
Reply 17
Original post by Dr. Sigma
So what are u doing now as im in the same position too

same icl
Reply 18
Original post by set1xoxo
same icl

Yo so what did you do then, I applied for Mpharm and have been asked to make another PS in 2 weeks. Have you heard anything back from pharm or dentistry unis?
Reply 19
Original post by Dr. Sigma
Yo so what did you do then, I applied for Mpharm and have been asked to make another PS in 2 weeks. Have you heard anything back from pharm or dentistry unis?

lool no ones contacted me at all but ngl for pharmacy i applied to ucl and i heard that they don’t accept dentistry ps at all since they’re so competitive so im not expecting much,, wbu?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending