The Student Room Group
Reply 1
There are a huge range of possible answers to this one, so I doubt the mark scheme would be particularly precise about what they're after. Just something that makes sense.

How about you throw some suggestions at me and I'll help you with them, rather than me just giving you some answers, since that won't help you very much in the long run. I don't believe you can't think of anything! -think about it: where do bacteria grow?
Reply 2
MadNatSci
There are a huge range of possible answers to this one, so I doubt the mark scheme would be particularly precise about what they're after. Just something that makes sense.

How about you throw some suggestions at me and I'll help you with them, rather than me just giving you some answers, since that won't help you very much in the long run. I don't believe you can't think of anything! -think about it: where do bacteria grow?

I've already wrote the answers, but wanted to see what other people think.

1) Bacterias need nutrients such as Nitrogen, Hydrogen, Carbon..etc

Explanation: For growth , energy or for the ribosomes (protein synthesis).

2) Water

Explanation: For respiration.
Reply 3
x) Temperature

Reason: Bacteria like all other organisms can only survive at certain temperatures.

However worth pointing out that those temperatures far more diverse than most organisms. Go extremophiles!
quorum sensing? too many bacteria in a particular niche will result in a decrease in growth of the individual bacterial cells - modulation of the system as a whole.

Latest

Trending

Trending