The Student Room Group

biology a level question

Why overuse of bacteria leads to antibacterial resistance.

allele frequency ?
Reply 1
Random mutation occurs in bacteria, which some bacteria will be resistant to the antibiotics. The antibiotics kill most of the bacteria but the resistant strain. By natural selection, the resistant strain survives and reproduces. This cycle continues with the use of antibiotics and they become more and more antibiotic resistant over time. (This is also why people must finish a full prescription of antibiotics to minimise this from happening, even if symptoms seem to be relieved)
thanks so much
are you in year 13
Reply 3
Original post by iamastudent1234
thanks so much
are you in year 13

Yes i am in y13
just wanted to ask how to get good grades in bio I’m aiming for a an a stuck on a low b

I’ve done all past papers and pmt practise questions
Any exam technique

Thanks so much
Also do you happen to have AS 2022 papers ,I’ve done all the others so wanted to practise
post by Lsheid)Yes i am in y13
Reply 5
Original post by iamastudent1234
just wanted to ask how to get good grades in bio I’m aiming for a an a stuck on a low b

I’ve done all past papers and pmt practise questions
Any exam technique

Thanks so much
Also do you happen to have AS 2022 papers ,I’ve done all the others so wanted to practise
post by Lsheid)Yes i am in y13

I am a very lazy person, I always look for shortcuts and this may not be the answer you’re looking for.

Doing questions are great for increasing exposure to what you ultimately have to do, but I would put more time towards ultimately understanding the content at a deep level. What every last bit of detail does and its significance/role in doing so. In your mind you will slowly start constructing connections across different topics, this cannot be taught as it is a conscious effort and is of consequence to your deep understanding. Don’t be afraid of going out of syllabus. Don’t think of it as an exam, but a genuine learning experience. You will find it far more enjoyable to see it like that than it being a task you don’t want to do with unrewarding marks.

Your grades should be a consequence of your genuine interest and deep diving instead of mindlessly doing papers. Similar with chemistry, bio and maths. Creativity to problem solving is rewarded far greater than memorising some mark-scheme.

Thats just me though. If you are the type of person to stick with conventional methods, just stick with question packs and past papers, always go through the mark scheme and dissect every last detail to understand the thought process of designing the question/what they are looking for to test you.

Learn how to learn, not shove a bunch of information that you don’t have the toolset to digest in your brain.
In the end, it is trial and error, there’s no right answer to the question of optimal learning for everyone. Discover what works best for you, this time of the year is the best time to do so. Understand yourself as a person with your strengths and weaknesses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending