The Student Room Group

A degree in science

I've always wanted to get a degree in science; physics, astronomy, or astrophysics, however I'm not smart and my grades are not... well, good enough to succeed in a subject like this.
I've been thinking about applying for a foundation year in a one of these subject, do you think I will succeed with a lot of hard work and dedication? Or should I just forget about this and do something else?
You get out what you put in. If you have a passion for the science, then nothing will matter.
Original post by PatchWrona
I've always wanted to get a degree in science; physics, astronomy, or astrophysics, however I'm not smart and my grades are not... well, good enough to succeed in a subject like this.
I've been thinking about applying for a foundation year in a one of these subject, do you think I will succeed with a lot of hard work and dedication? Or should I just forget about this and do something else?

Go for it, as long as you are prepared to work hard and do your best.

Remember as well that employers from many areas are impressed by physics, because there aren't many physicists about, it has a reputation as being hard, and it says you are numerate at the least. You would stand out compared to the numerous CVs with average qualifications in say,Business Studies - there are so many of these about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending