The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Is Aston University Majority Indian

I want to study pharmacy and heard there pretty good but I also want more friends than the majority Indian friends I have. Please can someone give me some advice.
aka I liked herts a lot as well so dunno
It's Birmingham what do you expect?
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
It's like Little India
It's multicultural
You get different types of people.
Why does the ethnicity of someone matter when making friends?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

I get this question a lot, i don't know why it is such a hot button issue for people, but we have a very diverse mix of students on campus of all races and religions. During my time as an undergraduate at Aston i made friends from Germany, Bulgaria, France, Canada, Spain, Brazil and so on, along with plenty of British students of all different racial backgrounds.

Josh
astons great
Reply 6
Lol I have mates who go to Aston.

And they're Indian.
Reply 7
Original post by deww6
I want to study pharmacy and heard there pretty good but I also want more friends than the majority Indian friends I have. Please can someone give me some advice.
aka I liked herts a lot as well so dunno

Are you aware that Aston University isn't actually located in Aston proper? It's more Birmingham town centre. And yes, Birmingham is quite diverse. You need to go elsewhere if you're seeking exclusively Caucasian peers.
Reply 8
That's not true, I'm sure lots of them are Pakistani too :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by CCC75
Are you aware that Aston University isn't actually located in Aston proper? It's more Birmingham town centre. And yes, Birmingham is quite diverse. You need to go elsewhere if you're seeking exclusively Caucasian peers.

its not specifically white/Caucasian people I would just like to meet a wider variety of people
Reply 10
Original post by Tom78
That's not true, I'm sure lots of them are Pakistani too :tongue:

loooooooool
There is a lot of south Asians yes but I'd say about half the uni is half none white.

Pretty much the same as Birmingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I remember seeing a Tab article where Aston was 40% white, which was the lowest in the list. Why should that matter? Well it shouldn't, except all the minorities seem to be from the same schools in London, so don't really tend to mix with anyone else. I think it's a weird tense vibe.

Quick Reply

Latest