The Student Room Group

Could cheerleading help to challenge gender stereotypes?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Inazuma
The strength is in getting up there - often done from a variety of flips up, or tumbles or swings :redface:
And yes, lotsa balance!

:lol:
Yep, that'll do

Mkay , :P
Original post by University of East Anglia
The crux of the matter is many schools sport is still sex-segregated

So what? They are segregated with good reason. Just incase you have not noticed, men and women are DIFFERENT. It should be obvious, even to somebody as mentally challenged as a progressive academic, that men are on average physically larger and stronger than women. In many sports this would put women at an unfair disadvantage and at far greater risk of physical harm than their male counterparts. Yes there are sports where men and women can and do compete as relative equals, nobody has a problem with that. But for the far more physical and contact oriented sports? Sorry snowflakes, it ain't gonna happen.

The academic is talking about more mixed-sex classes to promote better gender relations.

Why? There is no problem with "gender relations". Men and women get along just fine, the fact that human race continues to exists should be proof enough of that. When will you people stop meddling with stuff that doesn't need to be meddled with?

Promoting more activities where everyone works together will only help this further.

So basically just teambuilding exercises then? Those timewasting activities schools, universities, workplaces etc have already been doing for decades, that everybody hates, and don't have any real effect whatsoever on people's ability to work cohesively with one another? Again, stop meddling and just leave people the **** alone.

So boys getting involved in activities like cheerleading, which require lots of teamwork

What a big surprise that you would pick an activity that would be highly emasculating to males. :rolleyes:

"progressive influence on ideas about gender"

You will have to translate that into plain English for me, I'm afraid I am not familiar with the latest cultural Marxist newspeak.
Wow, this thread has taken off since I logged in yesterday!

You might not all agree with the original idea but it's good to see it has generated a debate!
Wow, this thread has taken off since I logged in yesterday!

You might not all agree with the original idea but it's good to see it has generated a debate!

Everything generates a debate on here. We would argue about which country has the best plug.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
Everything generates a debate on here. We would argue about which country has the best plug.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll leave you to create that thread :wink:
I'll leave you to create that thread :wink:

I was going to create the are sombreros racist thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

European countries imo. 3 point UK plug tends to get stuck in the socket too much
I was going to create the are sombreros racist thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cultural misappropriation of the worst kind, they should all be shot!

Oh ...hang on a minute....Now I've just misappropriated American culture.
Oh bugger.😳
[video="youtube;yuzV01C29ug"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuzV01C29ug[/video]
It's not really the patriarchy at work. It just seems like there are far less females interested in the game. I'd love it if I had some females to play against or to team with.
Original post by Resistance☺
Being a male cheerleader has its advantages.

images (1).jpg

[video="youtube;_g5bxq7XWkg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g5bxq7XWkg[/video]
Original post by EdwardBarfield9
It's not really the patriarchy at work. It just seems like there are far less females interested in the game. I'd love it if I had some females to play against or to team with.

There is no such thing as a patriarchy. Feminism, of the type espoused by the proponent of this 'academic' (euphemism for a person who likes to deconstruct western civilisation), is nothing more than a socially acceptable religion.

The patriarchy is mythological - it has absolutely no basis in the modern reality (or even historically, if you look into it). It's their deity. Their temples are safe spaces and gender studies departments, their holy text is the feminine mystique, their missionaries are basket case left-wing academics and MSM journalists who believe in new genders, sexist air conditioning and moral relativism, and their shrine is their feelings.

As far as they are concerned, they are above reproach. Their feelings are sacrosanct - in fact their feelings are the new logic and logic is the new blasphemy. Like every religion, they try to enforce morality - where logic confronts feelings, they simply ban it.
Before I do any cheerleading, you would have to get me to do gymnastics. Not sure which is more emasculating tbh.
I would like to see this become a bit better it could help people be more consider are at am earlier age dur to its danger. I don't think it would give many people time to think about who they're cherring with. I have know this problem all my life as people rend to follow The crowd there are limited tatics on the values of being co-operative from an early age. If giveb The chance Someone is to chose between a straight/gay male They would follow the crowd and take the straight as a friend And automatically The gay is not neutral but hated because that' show lazy people are. The secondary effect a could be that a sibling gets treated the same as the brother. Gaelic football is The most homophic group of people I have ever been around rugby is a close second. In general people are just like that. It's disgusting.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending