The Student Room Group

Advanced higher biology investigations?

HELP,:frown: i really need help in finding an advanced higher biology investigation to do. I have had many ideas but my teacher has had doubts about them.
An idea was testing water samples for e.coli and investigated the difference between safe and polluted water etc, from a tap, canal and a swimming pool. Does anyone has any advances to this?
Also anything related to bacteria.
I would suggest doing an experiment which wouldn't get too tangled with the health and safety of the school:wink: For example (I don't know the specific instructions, but this is what I would do), you could try culturing yogurt in a lab using different amounts of lactobacillus bulgaricus, and perhaps try to find out which milk takes longest to culture to a certain degree, etc. Hope that's of some help:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Treblebee
I would suggest doing an experiment which wouldn't get too tangled with the health and safety of the school:wink: For example (I don't know the specific instructions, but this is what I would do), you could try culturing yogurt in a lab using different amounts of lactobacillus bulgaricus, and perhaps try to find out which milk takes longest to culture to a certain degree, etc. Hope that's of some help:smile:

That does actually sound like a good investigation. Thanks for the suggestion :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending