The Student Room Group

Subject choices help to get into dentistry?

Im currently looking into dentistry and trying to work out what subjects will benefit me the most. I got eight A’s at nat5 and took Maths,English,German,Art,Biology at highers with a predicted AAAAB. Would taking Advanced higher Art, Advanced higher biology, Higher chemistry and higher leadership give me a good chance at being accepted or should I look into Advanced higher maths on top of these subjects? Open to feedback. (I’d like to keep art as a subject)
Reply 1
Original post by Amber1500
Im currently looking into dentistry and trying to work out what subjects will benefit me the most. I got eight A’s at nat5 and took Maths,English,German,Art,Biology at highers with a predicted AAAAB. Would taking Advanced higher Art, Advanced higher biology, Higher chemistry and higher leadership give me a good chance at being accepted or should I look into Advanced higher maths on top of these subjects? Open to feedback. (I’d like to keep art as a subject)

Math is always good if you can spend the whole year on quantitative studies as it will definitely help you to jump a few hurdles.

Quick Reply

Latest