The Student Room Group

Are advanced higher important?

So i sat my higher this year i did my nat 5’s last year and i got all A’s but this year has been horrible for me and i’m really beating myself up for not studying enough for this years exams as i think i did very bad on them ( i’m dreading results day) , i decided i wanted to resist most of my subjects expect one, in this case it means i’m
not sitting any advanced highers so i just want to ask if they are important? for the course i want to do i have to have BCCC i think so would it be a good choice for me to resit most of my highers?
Reply 1
They’re important if you need them for your course but if not then focus on your highers to make sure you get into the course you want to do
Original post by fxgx
So i sat my higher this year i did my nat 5’s last year and i got all A’s but this year has been horrible for me and i’m really beating myself up for not studying enough for this years exams as i think i did very bad on them ( i’m dreading results day) , i decided i wanted to resist most of my subjects expect one, in this case it means i’m
not sitting any advanced highers so i just want to ask if they are important? for the course i want to do i have to have BCCC i think so would it be a good choice for me to resit most of my highers?

Generally if your applying for med/dentistry or oxbridge/english unis then you will need Advanced Highers, but it does depend on the course.
Reply 3
Original post by cammy5
They’re important if you need them for your course but if not then focus on your highers to make sure you get into the course you want to do
so would it sensible for me to just retake my highers? as i don’t need advanced highers for the course i want to do
Original post by fxgx
so would it sensible for me to just retake my highers? as i don’t need advanced highers for the course i want to do

mostly, what course are you thinking of going into?
Reply 5
Original post by fxgx

If you need them for a specific course yep
Reply 6
Original post by cantdomathlikefr
mostly, what course are you thinking of going into?
nursing, i took higher physics, biology, chem, math and an apprenticeship last year so i’m thinking retaking biology chem and math and then also taking eng and lab skills

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending