The Student Room Group

Does this come across as rather disgusting, disrespectful and unthoughtful?

Scroll to see replies

It is distasteful. Religious beliefs are the cause of the attacks.
Original post by The Blue Axolotl
I didn't know this until after my OP, it just seems very strange that they used the same slogan as for the Paris attacks!

yeah it would seem kinda gross, exploiting a tragedy for fashion statement, thankfully they made these shirts ages ago :smile:
Reply 22
Welcome to capitalism. You sought something to buy, you found it.

The market is there to serve your need.

What is the problem?
i am not offended. i would buy one.
Original post by The Blue Axolotl
I was looking for a picture of those "Pray for Paris" Eiffel Towers and the first thing I saw under Web searches was a website dedicated to the sale of "Pray for Paris" t-shirts and jumpers...

Now maybe I'm being a little bit over-sensitive, but I just find it rather disrespectful to use such an even to sell products...

http://www.prayforparis.com/ (website)

Does anyone feel the same way?

Erm this is a bad coincidence the @prayforparis is a company that has been around for a few years, they actually tweeted that due to the devastating events that they won't be trading for the near future its an unfortunate misunderstanding I think ;-)
Original post by Kittyxox
Erm this is a bad coincidence the @prayforparis is a company that has been around for a few years, they actually tweeted that due to the devastating events that they won't be trading for the near future its an unfortunate misunderstanding I think ;-)

That's fair enough.

I still don't know why they use the slogan Pray for Paris though :s-smilie:
Original post by Josh Lyman
That's what I thought too as it isn't a typical slogan you put on a product but yes, it must be a coincidence.

Surreal as ****.
Original post by Greenlaner
Surreal as ****.

Yeah
(edited 8 years ago)
These guys conducted the attacks to sell more hoodies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending