The Student Room Group

Break up with him after 5 hours?

My bf was suppose to pick me up he went to a party called me at 1am said it’s finished and he’s dropping his friend home then will come to me. This should all take an hour and half max. I called him for 5 hours no response.
29 missed calls then at 3 I went to sleep angry.
I texted him you are clearly up to no good or with girls to be avoiding my calls and standing me up. He wasted my entire night.

He responded back to the message with ‘why the f would I cheat on you’ then called me 14 times.

Is this enough to break up over. This is the ultimate disrespect.

Scroll to see replies

I mean you could've at least heard him out. You can't just assume the worst. What if he got into an accident (clearly not the case here, but you see my point). He could have an entirely valid reason. If his reason is tenuous and doesn't add up then you can consider conveying this to him, and only then should you consider a break up.
This isn't a good reason to break-up with someone. But he does owe you an explanation and an apology. Talk it out and find out what happened. Let him know that next time he makes a plan and cancels it he should at least text you and let you know the plan has changed.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Reason to be cross yes. Reason to break up, No. Unless he has a history of being untrustworthy you should let him explain to you why, even if it’s just that he fell asleep somewhere.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 4
It is disrespectful. You don't tell someone you are going to be somewhere at a certain time and then give them no update when you are hours late. It takes two seconds to pick up a call or make a quick call. I've been there and I wish I had broken up with him then and there...it was a red flag I ignored.
Reply 5
Has he ignored you before? If so dump him
Original post by xox416
It is disrespectful. You don't tell someone you are going to be somewhere at a certain time and then give them no update when you are hours late. It takes two seconds to pick up a call or make a quick call. I've been there and I wish I had broken up with him then and there...it was a red flag I ignored.

It's equally disrespectful to assume someone's cheating without knowing the reason for the delay.
Reply 7
Original post by toxicgamage56
It's equally disrespectful to assume someone's cheating without knowing the reason for the delay.

Delay? 5 hours at night ? No excuse he was suppose to be driving so his phone will be connected to his car. He fully ignored me from midnight till 5:30 am
Reply 8
Original post by 1582
This isn't a good reason to break-up with someone. But he does owe you an explanation and an apology. Talk it out and find out what happened. Let him know that next time he makes a plan and cancels it he should at least text you and let you know the plan has changed.

Honestly he does this a lot but it’s like an hour late not 5 and a half hours. Espically after a party. It’s ridiculous disgusting and disrespectful
Reply 9

I agree her accusing him like that was immature. Her delivery could've been better.
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
Honestly he does this a lot but it’s like an hour late not 5 and a half hours. Espically after a party. It’s ridiculous disgusting and disrespectful

So his excuse was...?
Reply 11

So unless he gives you a valid reason tell him that you’ve had enough.
Why were you needing picked up anyway? Surely past like 1am you'd have made other plans or were you genuinely thinking he was going to come get you at like 2-3am?
Reply 13
Original post by StriderHort
Why were you needing picked up anyway? Surely past like 1am you'd have made other plans or were you genuinely thinking he was going to come get you at like 2-3am?

He was going to pick me up. Last 4 weeks every week he’s been going to a party and after a party he’ll pick me up and we will go back to his as the parties are usually around my area.
Delay? 5 hours at night ? No excuse he was suppose to be driving so his phone will be connected to his car. He fully ignored me from midnight till 5:30 am

Yeah, that's the thing though. You don't know that he was driving or that he was ignoring you, until you ask him. Why are you creating a whole narrative of your own without asking him what occurred. If he told you that he was driving during those 5 hours, then it'd make sense to doubt him, but you're just flat out refusing to acknowledge any other possibility than that he cheat on you.
Reply 15
Yeah, that's the thing though. You don't know that he was driving or that he was ignoring you, until you ask him. Why are you creating a whole narrative of your own without asking him what occurred. If he told you that he was driving during those 5 hours, then it'd make sense to doubt him, but you're just flat out refusing to acknowledge any other possibility than that he cheat on you.

I’m sorry but he called to see the party is finished he is just dropping his friend home then coming to me. There’s no excuse. Even what I texted him he didn’t even respond back with an explanation at all. After me calling him almost 30 times. Clearly because there isn’t one
Reply 16
What is peculiar is that for over a month he goes to parties every week without you. You shouldn’t have to live in each others pockets but this seems a bit excessive. If he wants to go out with his friends you do something with your friends. You don’t hang around waiting for him.
What’s the point of this thread when you’re clearly not listening to anyone and are instead choosing to remain in your accusatory mindset?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Euapp
What is peculiar is that for over a month he goes to parties every week without you. You shouldn’t have to live in each others pockets but this seems a bit excessive. If he wants to go out with his friends you do something with your friends. You don’t hang around waiting for him.

It’s not by force to go out with my friends just because he is. I do a lot during the week I don’t want to go to out on the weekends what is wrong with that?

just because a man is going out doesn’t mean I need to either. I can wait at home for him even if we don’t meet up doesn’t mean I’ll go out.
Reply 19
Original post by Euapp
So unless he gives you a valid reason tell him that you’ve had enough.

Original post by xox416
So his excuse was...?

There hasn’t been an excuse of explation till now. He just responded back to my message at 5:30 saying I’m not cheating on you. Bare in mind I called him almost 30 times. He did call back too. I messaged him about 11 times and he just responded with that. I mean I’m sure someone would have texted the reason. It’s like he’s just dumb clearly. This has put me off completely

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending