The Student Room Group

Work Experience at Dell

Hi there,
I'm a 16 year old guy. Earlier this year, I applied for a competition draw to receive a work experience for a week at the massive IT company Dell (you've probably heard of them) office building in Glasgow. A few days ago I got an email saying that I won the draw, which obviously I'm extremely happy about as it's a fantastic opportunity and would look very good on your CV. I wanted to ask, what do I wear to a tech company for work experience? A suit? A shirt and trousers? I am very confused as last year, my work experience was at an opticians and I wore a suit there but obviously these both are different job careers.

Subz
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SxBZZMO
Hi there,
I'm a 16 year old guy. Earlier this year, I applied for a competition draw to receive a work experience for a week at the massive IT company Dell (you've probably heard of them) office building in Glasgow. A few days ago I got an email saying that I won the draw, which obviously I'm extremely happy about as it's a fantastic opportunity and would look very good on your CV. I wanted to ask, what do I wear to a tech company for work experience? A suit? A shirt and trousers? I am very confused as last year, my work experience was at an opticians and I wore a suit there but obviously these both are different job careers.

Subz

Don't risk it. Wear a suit. On your first day, if you realise that other employees are wearing something different then match to them the following day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending