which is better?

thank you!!
Reply 1
Original post by m11m
dell xps 15 oled or macbook pro 14??

for engineering at uni?

which is better?

thank you!!

Personally, I would suggest not to purchase anything right now. Go to the university, attend a few classes, ask your lecturers or someone from the university and then you won't have to regret 'cause if you've any specific requirements for your course. Don't know whether this makes sense.

Or some engineering students here can help you with their knowledge and need. If you've no specific requirements for your course, I would be able to inform you which one is better.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by m11m
dell xps 15 oled or macbook pro 14??

for engineering at uni?

which is better?

thank you!!

How much would you have to pay for each of them? What's the exact specs of each? Bearing in mind that there's been multiple generations of Dell XPS's and Macbook Pros.

This week-end I was talking to a mech eng student that's come to the end of his first year. He has a Dell Latitude 7470 that has been lightning fast for him for everything, including his Solidworks 3D CAD assignments.

You can buy a fully working Dell Latitude 7400 (this is 3 generations newer than the 7470) for under £200 used off ebay.
I've heard for STEM courses to avoid Macbooks as it doesn't have the programmes as quickly available as it would be on other laptops. Maybe try attend a few classes like the other person said and see what programmes you need to use, or ask on the specific uni/course forum of what current students recommend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending