The Student Room Group

Higher English Persuasive Essay Help?

I've to write a persuasive essay on whether smoking is still a problem among teenagers and I need 3 arguments for it still being a problem and 1 against?

Any help is much appreciated.
Hmmm I don't think that's a good essay topic.

I think a better one would be either for smoking or against smoking
Original post by ProbablyFailing
I've to write a persuasive essay on whether smoking is still a problem among teenagers and I need 3 arguments for it still being a problem and 1 against?

Any help is much appreciated.

Original post by Pennyarcade

Generally speaking, I don't think a simple topic of just smoking is a great topic at this level.

What about comparing smoking culture of the UK to another culture? For example, in many Asian cultures about 50% of the people smoke (probably slight exaggeration) but it's pretty much accepted her. However, culturally speaking, smoking isn't in fashion anymore in the UK. Before, men that would smoke were considered cool or even suave I guess, but nowadays, smoking is considered to be unfashionable or even disgusting.

I just think that if you did do a topic like smoking, which is undoubtedly overdone, then you should look at it from a different angle, something that would make it more unique or interesting.
Reply 3
Original post by Pennyarcade

I think he needs a counter argument in his essay so an argument for smoking would be needed, alas still hard to find

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending