The Student Room Group

which non-law degree can i pursue to become a solicitor

hello, im aspiring to become a solicitor, my original course of study was a LLB but unfortunately i am unable to pursue that because of limitations with my scholarship.

which non-law degree (begging for non math related ones) would help me with becoming a solicitor and would take the least amount of years for a conversion course?

thank you !!
Original post by ughhejsis
hello, im aspiring to become a solicitor, my original course of study was a LLB but unfortunately i am unable to pursue that because of limitations with my scholarship.

which non-law degree (begging for non math related ones) would help me with becoming a solicitor and would take the least amount of years for a conversion course?

thank you !!

Hi @ughhejsis,

There is no real answer to which uni course would be best suited to help you on your journey to become a solicitor as different subjects will help you hone different skills. A common route is to do an essay based subject like English, History, Politics etc. as this requires similar writing skills and the ability to be persuasive. However, there are equally valuable skills in all sorts of subjects. I would, therefore, choose a course you are interested in and go from there as this is the best chance of doing well in the end result and enjoying your time at uni!

In terms of time, most degrees are 3 years so as long as you do not add an additional year in industry or abroad etc. then pretty much any would place you in the same time frame for completion of a conversion course afterwards.

I hope this helped a bit :smile:

Sophie
Reply 2
plenty, typical ones being history, English, politics, international relations
Reply 3
Original post by UniofLaw Student
Hi @ughhejsis,

There is no real answer to which uni course would be best suited to help you on your journey to become a solicitor as different subjects will help you hone different skills. A common route is to do an essay based subject like English, History, Politics etc. as this requires similar writing skills and the ability to be persuasive. However, there are equally valuable skills in all sorts of subjects. I would, therefore, choose a course you are interested in and go from there as this is the best chance of doing well in the end result and enjoying your time at uni!

In terms of time, most degrees are 3 years so as long as you do not add an additional year in industry or abroad etc. then pretty much any would place you in the same time frame for completion of a conversion course afterwards.

I hope this helped a bit :smile:

Sophie

ahhh thank you! how about general economics for commercial law? unfortunately none of the aforementioned degrees are available in my scholarship either :frown:
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by ughhejsis
ahhh thank you! how about general economics for commercial law? unfortunately none of the aforementioned degrees are available in my scholarship either :frown:

Honestly any degree will be compatible because any form of higher education will provide you with valuable transferrable skills that will translate across to law 🙂 Therefore, choose what your scholarship will allow and what you think you will enjoy!

Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending