The Student Room Group

Bashar al-Assad

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
English and British come second. Roots are important to me. You can't ask me to forget my roots. Anyway I can be both British and Italian and middle eastern all at once right?

You can be European and Arab but its a concern if your Arab first.

Personally I too feel shamed that the conflict is ongoing however I would occupy Syria for decades given the chance.
They said I couldn't call myself English because my ancestors aren't from England :frown:

Yet when I said this was the case you are English because you were born here you argued the opposite
They said I couldn't call myself English because my ancestors aren't from England :frown:

You should be English but you yourself admit your allegiance is to others.
Reply 83
Original post by Rakas21

Others? Italians and Syrians are not 'others' sweety.
Original post by Rakas21

Personally I too feel shamed that the conflict is ongoing however I would occupy Syria for decades given the chance.

It would be a suitable solution

take over the country using military force implement a law structure compatible with Human Rights then after about 15 years start to implement a democratic process (something similar to what was done at the end of the second world war in Germany)
Reply 85
[QUOTE="BaconandSauce;62637691"]Yet when I said this was the case you are English because you were born here you argued the opposite[/QUOTE

No,you said I'm not English too. Apparently I can only call myself British but to be English is out of bounds for me :frown:
Original post by Rakas21

she's confused as her 'allegiance' swings and wains dependent on her mood (Hell she holds two contradictory opinions based on who she's talking to)
Reply 87
Original post by Rakas21

I'm Italian and Arab Hun. And then I'm British/English

Who is I?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 88
Original post by BaconandSauce
she's confused her 'allegiance' swings and wains dependent on her mood

You said I couldn't call myself English and complain when I say I can't call myself English
[QUOTE="queen-bee;62637795"]
Yet when I said this was the case you are English because you were born here you argued the opposite[/QUOTE

No,you said I'm not English too. Apparently I can only call myself British but to be English is out of bounds for me :frown:

No this is not the case

you seem confused but then given your contradictory opinions on this I can understand why
Reply 90
[QUOTE="BaconandSauce;62637905"]

No this is not the case

you seem confused but then given your contradictory opinions on this I can understand why

What exactly do you want me to say to satisfy you?
[QUOTE="queen-bee;62637943"]

I just want you to be consistent and honest

Not too much to ask really
Reply 92
[QUOTE="BaconandSauce;62638065"]

I just want you to be consistent and honest

Not too much to ask really

So you want me to admit that I'm English first? And then Italian and Arab second?

I'd tell you, but then I'd get carded for making an off-topic comment. :sexface:
[QUOTE="queen-bee;62638113"]

So you want me to admit that I'm English first? And then Italian and Arab second?

You had no issues doing it on this thread

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3873315&page=3

Oh so I'm not English? I'm not British? I'm what exactly? I was born here,raised here,speak the language. This is home to me baby,ain't you or anybody else gonna tell me I don't belong here

But now it seems you've changed your mind (again)

So as I say when you say 'we' you are of course talking about he western powers.
He's not the lesser of two evils because he is the devil himself along with ISIS

All this about 'if the rebels take power they'd massacre minorities' is a lie and they try to justify Bashar staying based on this lie.

There are numerous videos of Hezbollah fighters / Lebnani soldiers being released and mentioning that they were treated with kindness by the rebels + especially Jabhat al Nusra (who are designated as terrorists).

This isn't support for JN but it does show that we need to research the matter for ourselves.

For instance, listen to : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWLC5WM4bp8&feature=youtu.be

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLLT_Xd2GP8

Go to 4:00 where they talk about how they're treated. They mention they're treated with kindness.

Compare that to Bashar who when you enter his prison system, you're lucky to escape.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 96
Original post by AlifunArnab
The war has completely escalated over the past few months and it seems like it's only going to get worse.

Sooner or later though, the criminal Bashar will be brought to justice.

Inshallah. Bashar and ISIS can never escape the justice that is waiting for them
Original post by Hydeman
I'd tell you, but then I'd get carded for making an off-topic comment. :sexface:

:biggrin:

I'm waiting for my warning for pulling her up on this
Reply 98
[QUOTE="BaconandSauce;62638263"]

You had no issues doing it on this thread

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3873315&page=3

But now it seems you've changed your mind (again)

So as I say when you say 'we' you are of course talking about he western powers.

Okay I'll say I'm British first,satisfied now?
[QUOTE="queen-bee;62638345"]

Okay I'll say I'm British first,satisfied now?

No.

You are free to define yourself as you want I just want you to be honest with me and other posters and not flip flop about it so you can imply people are racist when they agree with you.

As I said it seems like you just like being argumentative for the sake of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending