The Student Room Group

Help with Geography coursework

Hi everyone,

I am doing my gcse geography coursework on rivers (river darent, kent), and need help on what to include on each section to get a good mark.

i would appreciate it if anyone could offer and help or advice!

hope your all having a nice christmas :smile:
Tilly.
Hi Tilly, which exam board are you using? This might give me a better idea of what you need to include

Hannah
Reply 2
Hi Hannah, thanks for your response,
I use AQA exam board
Tilly.
Reply 3
Original post by tillycx
Hi Hannah, thanks for your response,
I use AQA exam board
Tilly.

Geographical understanding - your KEY WORDS need to be explicitly defined - i mean long detailed explanations. (E.g. erosion - explain every single river erosion process.) You then need to HIGHLIGHT your key words and USE THEM AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE in every single section.
Also, your location maps should have 4 scales: National, Regional, Local and then an OS Map. You must include scale, north arrow and title

Methodology - Do this in a table. You MUST MAKE DETAILED METHODS - a method for a year 7 if you like - detailed step by step. E.g. width: "Measure from left bank to right bank with a tape measure" NO NO!! More!

Presentation - Include 8 different types. I did: Photographs (see below), line graphs, bar charts, pie charts for bedload, geotagged map of drainage basin, comparitive line graphs, spearmans rank, cross sectional area graphs on excel, cross sectional area graphs hand drawn
PHOTOS - They need to be covered in annotations and EXPLANATIONS - E.g. The river meanders. WHY? Explain the formation of a meander. Say what could happen nine the future - oxbow lake. Explain how humans affected the area etc.

Evaluation and Conclusion - Exam conditions. You have your CA. Analyse each graph one by one. Refer to as "figure 2 shows..." Label them all up befoe. Give the general trend, quote facts and figures, look for anomalies and explain them, then give an explanation. E.g. why does depth increase - vitural erosion etc.

The CA is **** tbh. Doesn't test any skills or knowledge, just do your best follow the teacher and concentrate on exams

:-)
Reply 4
Thankyou so much Hannah, that is really helpful!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending