The Student Room Group

Have you ever cried over a film?

Scroll to see replies

I tear up every now and then, depends on the film. :P
The closest I've come is Combo beating the **** out of Milky in This Is England. The acting and direction is phenomenal, one of the best scenes ever committed to film.
Haha yeah. I even cried at Monster's University 'cos Muke tries his hardest to be as scary as the other monsters haha!
I've heard grave of fireflies is a reallyyyyyyy tragic film that will make you cry, so I'm AVOIDING IT.

The only one I've cried at is Requiem for a dream...the ending was...just..ech
Reply 65
Original post by Paagal boy
Only book I ever cried over was the bible...
actually that's a lie, so many good books, half the good films out here are based on novels, you'd have to give me some time to make a list

but Interstellar, I dunno...Anne hathaway rubs me every wrong way

Yeah she's not my most favourite actress, very good looking though.

LOTR is probably the only one I've been very sad reading more than once. :frown: Greatest fantasy novels ever.
yeah, titanic
The fault in our stars!!! :cry2:
Original post by Sae.HH
Yeah she's not my most favourite actress, very good looking though.

LOTR is probably the only one I've been very sad reading more than once. :frown: Greatest fantasy novels ever.

LOTR? Couldn't get through that. Badly written. I feel like crying while reading stuff like tragic realistic fiction memoirs like

Trainspotting
Guide to Recognizing Your Saints
Follow the Rabbit Proof Fence
Once Were Warriors

Slumdog Mill was even based on a novel!
Original post by driftawaay
yeah, titanic

welcome back pansexual apologist :colone: and *hums Titanic opening theme*
Reply 69
Marley and Me, I left the cinema because I couldn't stop crying. I'm very attached to my dog, so imagining holding her while she passes away like in the films just breaks my heart, ugh.

Also - My Sister's Keeper. I blub like a baby during that, without fail.

As for Disney; Treasure Planet and Dumbo also tend to get a tear out of me as well - but that's mainly because of certain songs in them that mean a lot to me.
(edited 8 years ago)
I cried to Big Fish when I was really young but I had no idea why my best friend, at the time, was crying by the end of the film, so decided to cry too... :facepalm:

Other films I've teared up in include Fruitvale Station, Miss Bala, My Sister's Keeper, Unfriended.. oh and the The Impossible trailer (never watched the movie in the end).
Have you WATCHED The Lion King, or Up? MY SISTER'S KEEPER?!
Not a film but when I was 8 I saw this...

[video="youtube;35YtLJ3Q2b8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35YtLJ3Q2b8[/video]

T_T

for years
Ofcourse mayn. I'm a crybaby :tongue:
Reply 74
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Not a film but when I was 8 I saw this...

[video="youtube;35YtLJ3Q2b8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35YtLJ3Q2b8[/video]

T_T

for years

Good call, also the movie, and saying goodbye to Charizard :frown:
Reply 75
Original post by Paagal boy
LOTR? Couldn't get through that. Badly written. I feel like crying while reading stuff like tragic realistic fiction memoirs like

Going to have to disagree with you there buddy. If you can get past the seemingly pointless exposition in the first few chapters, honestly it's the best fictional world of all time!
Reply 76
i cried when Bruno's mum began screaming his name in boy in striped pjs
hahha it was in class and i tried really hard to cover it up

aand Green mile eek
Reply 77
I was properly sobbing when I watched Prayers for Bobby and the Green Mile. There are probably more but that's the two I cried watching the most :tongue:
Reply 78
Oh snap, another tearful moment courtesy of Pixar :frown: She has to be the cutest cartoon baby ever! Why can't real children be like this :unimpressed:

[video="youtube;BPaTaEN2wxY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPaTaEN2wxY[/video]
Do you even realistic fiction? You should seriously check out the list I provided, it's about real life stuff. I can watch sci fi/fantasy, but I cannot read it. Waste of my intellect.

Original post by Sae.HH
Going to have to disagree with you there buddy. If you can get past the seemingly pointless exposition in the first few chapters, honestly it's the best fictional world of all time!

Quick Reply

Latest