The Student Room Group
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website

Ask an AUB graduate anything

Graduated with an undergraduate degree in Film Production in July 2023.I received a First. AMA.
(edited 5 months ago)
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website

I am but this is besides the point. I wanted to discuss my experiences with prospective students before I formally leave as they could find it to be of assistance
Original post by Thisismyunitsr
I am but this is besides the point. I wanted to discuss my experiences with prospective students before I formally leave as they could find it to be of assistance

before you posted there hasn't been anyone posting in the AUB subforum for over a month. I don't think there's many prospective students on TSR.
Original post by Anonymous
before you posted there hasn't been anyone posting in the AUB subforum for over a month. I don't think there's many prospective students on TSR.

There's no harm in making a thread seeing if anyone wants advice, right? No need to be so condescending.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 5
Graduated with an undergraduate degree in Film Production in July 2023.I received a First. AMA.

Do people from AUB often make friends with the students at Bournemouth uni?
Reply 6
What’s the film course really like and what are you doing now? Did you get work in the industry?
Original post by discoooo
Do people from AUB often make friends with the students at Bournemouth uni?

Yes. This does often happen because students from Arts University Bournemouth share clubs and society's with students from Bournemouth University. It also helps that the two universities are literally next to each other (like a 2 minute walk away) so it's easy to meet students from both institutions. A lot of Arts University Bournemouth students share houses with students at Bournemouth University and collaborate on creative projects so, yes students from both universities make friends.
Original post by sandy0506
What’s the film course really like and what are you doing now? Did you get work in the industry?

OP started their degree out of desperation. They aren’t likely to give a balanced review.

Basically I’m 23 and I have been unemployed for three years. I have applied to go to university for film/media production type courses and have chosen one close to home.

Trouble is I don’t want to go to university. I really enjoyed school but I struggled immensely and had a full on breakdown during my A - Levels and I have never really recovered. I don’t think I will ‘come out of the other end’ if I go to university, so to speak.

I would be much happier doing an apprenticeship but I can’t get one as I have been unemployed for too long.

Equally I don’t think I can cope with a degree as it’s too hard and I won’t get a job at the end of it (especially true of film/media courses) which will mean that I will be more depressed by the end of my degree than I am currently.

I could go to my local FE college and do a HND in IT but I’m not interested in IT also I’m worried about what will happen if I complete the HND and decide to do a degree afterwards and how that would affect my student finance.

I’m in a right mess and have no idea what to do. I have spoken more in depth about my situation in my post history so go look at that if you want more information.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :biggrin:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6634166
Original post by Anonymous #1
OP started their degree out of desperation. They aren’t likely to give a balanced review.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6634166

Equally I finished it and I gained a First Class degree so I must be able to give some sort of advice surely? No review is ever balanced because everyone expresses their opinions when giving a review. All reviews are subject to some sort of bias.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending