The Student Room Group

Have you ever cried over a film?

Scroll to see replies

Listening to the Star Wars theme in the theatre when reading that animated bottom-to-top script can get you a bit teared up :biggrin:
Reply 81
Marley and me

The bridge to terabithia

😩😩😩😩😩❤️
Reply 82
The end of Interstellar hit me , think it was when the daughter told her father to go look for his friend who was alone in space. Towards the end of Interstellar it does get a bit emotional, it's a brilliant movie, unlike many I've seen.
Reply 83
Original post by Paagal boy
Do you even realistic fiction? You should seriously check out the list I provided, it's about real life stuff. I can watch sci fi/fantasy, but I cannot read it. Waste of my intellect.

Haha, I can assure you plenty of very intelligent people read various forms of fiction :wink:

Yeah I'll consider them, at the moment reading Shantaram, you'd probably like it.
Has to be Interstellar
Original post by Sae.HH
Yeah I'll consider them, at the moment reading Shantaram, you'd probably like it.

Give me a synopsis, bruh
Hmm lets see:
The Vow,
A walk to remember,
The Notebook,
Awakenings
Veer Zaara,
Humko tumse pyaar hai.

I'm a typical girl.
Reply 87
Original post by Pharmaholic
Hmm lets see:
The Vow,
A walk to remember,
The Notebook,
Awakenings
Veer Zaara,
Humko tumse pyaar hai.

I'm a typical girl.

Notebook! :colondollar:
yeah I have over a few, but I can't really recall which ones. it's definitely been tears of happiness *and* sadness when I've really opened myself up to the frequencies that the movies I watched were putting out

oh come on, that movie *really* wasn't that sad. there was *no* music. that's a big deal at least in my opinion. there was nothing that added the emotional colour to the sad story to trigger intense enough emotion to really make it reactive. I thought "whisper of the heart" was a more "criable" watch, although not for the sadness. in terms of other animes, the ending of cowboy bebop is worse in my opinion in terms of "sad" scenes/stories. I mean, (spoiler alert for those that haven't seen GOTF) the child in that movie doesn't express very much pain or sufferng - sure we know she's relatively starving to death, but her determination to keep a happy face throughout most of it really deadens the sadness. it wasn't even a sympathetic "happy-face" - it was a "what are you doing? you're dying and you're merely becoming weak, as opposed to crying over things such as your mother's death (which is barely seen.)" situation... and things aren't getting worse and worse - merely the same, and death being an inevitability from the beginning. so in terms of what the audience is given to relate to her experience, they *sure* make it harder with no music and an absence of the reflection of the mother's death. if her older brother died first and she was left by herself, that, again ,would have made it MUCH more sad. the fact that, in my opinion, she's a bit of an annoying kid all along, whether she's suffering or not, makes it even less relatable. the voice actress for her in the english version at least (and knowing that japanese voice actors are higher-pitched would make it worse in the original japanese dub) doesn't have very much pain in her voice, but more "laughter", I should say
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 89
Give me a synopsis, bruh

Shantaram is a 2003 novel by Gregory David Roberts, in which a convicted Australian bank robber and heroin addict who escaped from Pentridge Prison flees to India. The novel is commended by many for its vivid portrayal of tumultuous life in Bombay
I cried at Wall-e lmafo
Original post by Sae.HH
Shantaram is a 2003 novel by Gregory David Roberts, in which a convicted Australian bank robber and heroin addict who escaped from Pentridge Prison flees to India. The novel is commended by many for its vivid portrayal of tumultuous life in Bombay

Lol you just googled this :teehee: I just read this description elsewhere but yea sounds good. Thanks for the recommendation, I would like it but why do you think I would? Because I'm Indian Malaysian? :colone:
Original post by connieiscrazy
I cried at Wall-e lmafo

Ngl, that opening and ending theme song makes me feel some kinda way, especially when I went to Disney World with my little sis, who lit up and they played the Wall-E songs when you walk through Magic Kingdom. :rofl:
Original post by Sae.HH
Notebook! :colondollar:

That film reminds me of my last relationship :redface:
Ngl, that opening and ending theme song makes me feel some kinda way, especially when I went to Disney World with my little sis, who lit up and they played the Wall-E songs when you walk through Magic Kingdom. :rofl:

Omg yes it was the end where I cried, when they played the beautiful song and Wall-E and Eve were in the the trailer together at the end :burnout:
Nope. Not even when I watched 'Life is Beautiful' or 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas'.
Marley and Me.

Probably the most weirdest one is Pokemon when I was younger. Not the movie the one or two of the episodes.
I remember crying on one of the episodes where team rocket had to give up abork and weezing i think. IDK.
Original post by connieiscrazy
Omg yes it was the end where I cried, when they played the beautiful song and Wall-E and Eve were in the the trailer together at the end :burnout:

Reply 98
Lol you just googled this :teehee: I just read this description elsewhere but yea sounds good. Thanks for the recommendation, I would like it but why do you think I would? Because I'm Indian Malaysian? :colone:

Hahaha, exactly :colone: Yeah if I describe it I'll probably post a spoiler :colonhash: Really though it's just a great BOOK >.>
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sae.HH
Hahaha, exactly :colone: Yeah if I describe it I'll probably post a spoiler :colonhash: Really though it's just a great movie

It's a film, book, or both?

Quick Reply

Latest