The Student Room Group

ANIME!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Joker ~
Katana Gatari

Is that an anime about Samurais? if it is that so, I am interest in that anime. Since Samurai 7, I am on Samurai trip.
Original post by Kallisto
Is that an anime about Samurais? if it is that so, I am interest in that anime. Since Samurai 7, I am on Samurai trip.

Yeah kind of.. but you might want to try Samurai Champloo !!!
Original post by fullmetal heart
Has anyone got any recommendations . My favourite anime is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

The original is better *coughs*
Yeah kind of.. but you might want to try Samurai Champloo !!!

Thanks for your recommendation. Just looking for pictures. As I was so delighted with Samurai 7, I should give that a try on occasion.
Thanks for your recommendation. Just looking for pictures. As I was so delighted with Samurai 7, I should give that a try on occasion.

This is a must-watch!!
This is a must-watch!!

Unfortunately, I can't watch so many must-watch anime as I want. My everyday life is almost well planned.
Unfortunately, I can't watch so many must-watch anime as I want. My everyday life is almost well planned.

This is exactly when you need to draw out your Katana and shout..
Getsuga Tenshou !! xd
This is exactly when you need to draw out your Katana and shout..
Getsuga Tenshou !! xd

Is that a quotation from Samurai Champloo? unfortunately, I have not a Katana and that is good. In the hands of an amateur, its dangerous for your own.
Original post by Manexopi
I don't like how they never continued vampire knight. Like yeah it's pretty crappy but it was my guilty pleasure!

How dare you say Vampire Knight is crappy?! Well it had it's moments. Couldn't stand the boy Yuki ended with though. Did you read the manga?
Reply 69
Original post by Macy1998
How dare you say Vampire Knight is crappy?! Well it had it's moments. Couldn't stand the boy Yuki ended with though. Did you read the manga?

Because some of the plot twists really ruined it for me :frown: I think I was harsh on the anime though because it never reached the really bad plot points.
I'm assuming you mean Zero although I really liked him! Hated Kaname though. Yeah, I did actually wbu? I liked the artwork but the later story was crap. Kaname just gave me the creeps :s-smilie:
Because some of the plot twists really ruined it for me :frown: I think I was harsh on the anime though because it never reached the really bad plot points.
I'm assuming you mean Zero although I really liked him! Hated Kaname though. Yeah, I did actually wbu? I liked the artwork but the later story was crap. Kaname just gave me the creeps :s-smilie:

Oh those plot twists. I understand perfectly fine now. Vampire Knight wasn't half bad. Kaname I mean. I liked Zero and Yuki being together then Kaname and the whole "relationship" thing spoiled it for me. I read the manga and couldn't stand Yuki and Zero becoming enemies and the whole changed relationship. I liked the beginning part but the ending just ruined everything for me, and eventually I didn't like as much. What other animes are your guilty pleasures?

Kaname is a jerk for no reason.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 71
Oh those plot twists. I understand perfectly fine now. Vampire Knight wasn't half bad. Kaname I mean. I liked Zero and Yuki being together then Kaname and the whole "relationship" thing spoiled it for me. I read the manga and couldn't stand Yuki and Zero becoming enemies and the whole changed relationship. I liked the beginning part but the ending just ruined everything for me, and eventually I didn't like as much. What other animes are your guilty pleasures?

Kaname is a jerk for no reason.

Yes! I really enjoyed the beginning and I loved Zero and Yuki's relationship. But then Kaname had to come and ruin everything :angry: Yeah, like I get why Zero doesn't like her anymore although it's abit hypocritical of him but Yuki's personality became so much more annoying and Kaname just basically owned her :L

Honestly, anime isn't really my thing and I never seem to read manga despite liking them. However, random shoujo mangas are abit of a guilty pleasure tbh 8) I can never remember their names though. I really liked this one about these friends and one of them had a heart condition and it was just some sappy romance but the feels *_* The ending was annoying though because it was ambiguous ):
Recently, I was in the middle of reading a manga called deep love or something but I completely forgot to continue it. I even told my sister about it and she read it and it's sequels whilst I still haven't even finished chapter 4 xD She even threatened to spoil it for me!

I am familiar with Naruto up until mid war arc because it was getting really boring imo although I did read Gaara Hiden and abit of the Shikamaru novel and I read the final chapter ofc. I used to watch and play alot of Yu-Gi-Oh growing up and I love Detective Conan but there are way too many episodes! I swear I'm going to have a marathon once exams end :biggrin: Other than that, I really liked Cardcaptors and I watched and read all of it as a child and I remember being really jealous of Sakura xD I do know of other stuff but I never really got into them and it's been years so I wouldn't be able to keep up much conversation xD When it comes to Japanese things, I tend to be more into their games tbh.
Yes! I really enjoyed the beginning and I loved Zero and Yuki's relationship. But then Kaname had to come and ruin everything :angry: Yeah, like I get why Zero doesn't like her anymore although it's abit hypocritical of him but Yuki's personality became so much more annoying and Kaname just basically owned her :L

Yuki is a definitely that character where you kind of like at the same time just can't stand. Zero is the only character out of the entire series I like and want to watch or read about. Kaname is just ... Kaname.

Honestly, anime isn't really my thing and I never seem to read manga despite liking them. However, random shoujo mangas are abit of a guilty pleasure tbh 8) I can never remember their names though. I really liked this one about these friends and one of them had a heart condition and it was just some sappy romance but the feels *_* The ending was annoying though because it was ambiguous ):
Recently, I was in the middle of reading a manga called deep love or something but I completely forgot to continue it. I even told my sister about it and she read it and it's sequels whilst I still haven't even finished chapter 4 xD She even threatened to spoil it for me!

I read shoujo manga depending on the plot, and genre. I more of a romance mixed with shouen person though. What is it about?

I am familiar with Naruto up until mid war arc because it was getting really boring imo although I did read Gaara Hiden and abit of the Shikamaru novel and I read the final chapter ofc. I used to watch and play alot of Yu-Gi-Oh growing up and I love Detective Conan but there are way too many episodes! I swear I'm going to have a marathon once exams end :biggrin: Other than that, I really liked Cardcaptors and I watched and read all of it as a child and I remember being really jealous of Sakura xD I do know of other stuff but I never really got into them and it's been years so I wouldn't be able to keep up much conversation xD When it comes to Japanese things, I tend to be more into their games tbh.

I can't watch naruto because it will take up my life if i did. You could read the manga since it doesn't have fillers. The manga took me forever to finish and the fights at the end took soo long, lol. I used to watch pokemon though.
Reply 73
Ugh Ikr! My sister only likes Zero and hates Yuki xD I kind of like Shiki too but that's just because he's pretty D:
I think it was about this prostitute and the old lady she meets and yeah I didn't really get far enough to be able to sum up the overall plot xD

I can't watch naruto because it will take up my life if i did. You could read the manga since it doesn't have fillers. The manga took me forever to finish and the fights at the end took soo long, lol. I used to watch pokemon though.

Oh no I meant the Naruto manga - ewww fillers xD I stopped around chapter 500 and something I think? I remember Pokemon too! I really liked team rocket(?) for some reason, especially Jessie 8) But then they got rid of Misty didn't they?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by fullmetal heart
Has anyone got any recommendations . My favourite anime is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Your name says Fullmetal alchemist but I see Seraph of the End :colone:
Reply 75

**spoilers***

Never read the manga but i did hear that zero and yuki end up together in the manga and kanamae is (obviously!) a baddie. My #1 guily pleasure is definitely brothers conflict i completely fangirled when i saw that the voice actress who does erza from fairy tail was going to be dubbing chi. :3
Reply 76
Original post by RGPunt
**spoilers***

Never read the manga but i did hear that zero and yuki end up together in the manga and kanamae is (obviously!) a baddie. My #1 guily pleasure is definitely brothers conflict i completely fangirled when i saw that the voice actress who does erza from fairy tail was going to be dubbing chi. :3

Yes, they do end up together but it wasn't satisfying because Yuki initially chose Kaname over Zero so it just seems like Zero is second rate or something xD Kaname wasn't really a baddie per say, it was a really stupid plot point though and I didn't care for it and don't remember it much. It was something along the lines of Kaname is not Yuki's brother but her ancestor or something :s-smilie:
I have no idea what that is but as long as it's not yaoi or harem or something I can give it a try :biggrin: I've heard such bad things about fairy tail - especially from my brother! Apparently it started off good but then got ridiculous?
Reply 77
Yes, they do end up together but it wasn't satisfying because Yuki initially chose Kaname over Zero so it just seems like Zero is second rate or something xD Kaname wasn't really a baddie per say, it was a really stupid plot point though and I didn't care for it and don't remember it much. It was something along the lines of Kaname is not Yuki's brother but her ancestor or something :s-smilie:
I have no idea what that is but as long as it's not yaoi or harem or something I can give it a try :biggrin: I've heard such bad things about fairy tail - especially from my brother! Apparently it started off good but then got ridiculous?

Never liked Kaname he seemed so rude and everything about him made me cringe :s-smilie: When Yuki bit Zero and left him i got so mad haha.
Ah... brothers conflict is a reverse harem... It's just so funny watching them all swoon over her. Woahwoahwoah! That hurts me! I'm such a big fan of fairy tail, unlike bleach and naruto, i found it was one of those series i couldnt stop watching(until now while i wait for more eps to be released!). Honestly you should give it a try :biggrin:
Original post by RGPunt
Never liked Kaname he seemed so rude and everything about him made me cringe :s-smilie: When Yuki bit Zero and left him i got so mad haha.
Ah... brothers conflict is a reverse harem... It's just so funny watching them all swoon over her. Woahwoahwoah! That hurts me! I'm such a big fan of fairy tail, unlike bleach and naruto, i found it was one of those series i couldnt stop watching(until now while i wait for more eps to be released!). Honestly you should give it a try :biggrin:

aww sorry for interruptin you guys but I'd have preferred if Yuki ended up with Zero in the manga! I think the ending was good, but it's have been better if it ended with a cute moment of Yuki and Zero or maybe Yuki being the one saving Zero! And it's weird how Kaname and Yuki liked each other in that way when they were siblings... BUT VAMPIRE KNIGHT SEASON 1 ANIME WAS AWESOME, cos I didn't know they were siblings etc. and it had a more mysterious ending.
Original post by WetWolvesBlab
Your name says Fullmetal alchemist but I see Seraph of the End :colone:

Ah I love Seraph of the End! I can't wait to read chapter 43! Yuu definitely has to be released soon!

Quick Reply

Latest