The Student Room Group

Level 3 Extended diploma AM into vet med

Hi guys! Quick question if anyone knows..
I am currently doing my Level 3 Extended in Animal Management and want to get into Vet Med for university. Is there any other options than doing vet nursing first at uni?
I am predicted 3 D*’s.
Wondering if there are any unis that accept 3 D*’s and not just A levels? Could also be international.
Thank you in advance!
Original post by kittyrebeka
I am currently doing my Level 3 Extended in Animal Management and want to get into Vet Med for university. Is there any other options than doing vet nursing first at uni?
I am predicted 3 D*’s.
Wondering if there are any unis that accept 3 D*’s and not just A levels? Could also be international.
Thank you in advance!

The Royal Veterinary College state here that they accept:

Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Animal Management (1080)**: D*D*D* overall with Distinctions in:

Animal Biology (120)
Animal Breeding and Genetics (120)
Animal Welfare and Ethics (120)
Practical Skills in Animal Science (60)
Animal Metabolism (60)
Advanced Animal Nutrition (60)
Investigative Research Project (60)

**Previously, only the Science pathway was accepted. In light of this no longer being available, please note the unit requirements carefully as not all colleges deliver what were previously mandatory units.
Original post by kittyrebeka
I am predicted 3 D*’s.
Thank you in advance!

I did a Level 3 Advanced Animal Management course (I finished the course in 2020) before going to university. I did my animal management course through City & Guilds (received 3 D*’s) and I found lots of universities didn't accept my course for entry into veterinary unless I had an A-level in chemistry as they thought it wasn't enough chemistry on the management course alone I heard that other animal management courses governed by other companies may be accepted but it depended on the university's requirements and the animal management course modules, etc. RVC was the only one I applied for that were happy to accept my course as an entry to vet med (unfortunately I was waitlisted and ended up doing a bioscience degree at RVC but am now about to start vet med as a 2nd degree). I would recommend contacting the universities you want to apply to and having a chat about the specific animal management course you're on and their entry requirements for vet med because universities can be really fussy and their websites aren't always super clear on entry requirements for non-A-levels. Good luck!
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending