The Student Room Group

AUB or ARU

I received offer letters from ARU and AUB. I would like to know which university is better.

My major is illustration at AUB, illustration and animation at ARU. Actually, My goal is to work in the animation industry such as Pixar or Disney.

Can you give me some advise on choosing the university?
If you want to work in animation why didn’t you apply for that at AUB?
Reply 2
I was considering between animation and illustration at that time. And when I saw students' works of AUB illustration, I think their style of painting is similar to the animation I want to make.
Hi there!

So glad to hear you're interested in studying with us as we're sure you know, many of our Illustration graduates go on to work in the Animation industry (and the same is true for the reverse!) so it's not an uncommon path to take! If you're interested, we can always put you in touch with our course leaders or current students to hear from people with first hand experience on the course and really get a feel for it.

Best of luck with your decision!

The AUB team
Original post by Dudong
I was considering between animation and illustration at that time. And when I saw students' works of AUB illustration, I think their style of painting is similar to the animation I want to make.
Reply 4
Original post by Arts University Bournemouth – Uni Rep
Hi there!

So glad to hear you're interested in studying with us as we're sure you know, many of our Illustration graduates go on to work in the Animation industry (and the same is true for the reverse!) so it's not an uncommon path to take! If you're interested, we can always put you in touch with our course leaders or current students to hear from people with first hand experience on the course and really get a feel for it.

Best of luck with your decision!

The AUB team

Really?? That sounds nice!! I want to become an animator, but I was worried about my major in bournemouth since I applied for an illustration course.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Dudong
I received offer letters from ARU and AUB. I would like to know which university is better.

My major is illustration at AUB, illustration and animation at ARU. Actually, My goal is to work in the animation industry such as Pixar or Disney.

Can you give me some advise on choosing the university?

Hiya,

Firstly congratulations on your offers! 🥳

We do understand choosing a university is sometimes a tricky decision there are lots of things to consider.

In terms of choosing a university for the course, you could think about: What is important to you when studying? Which course content might appeal to you more? What facilities are on offer as part of the course? What assignments might you be undertaking? What are the job prospects like after the course?

For our Illustration and Animation course, we have dedicated animation base rooms with workstations for stop-motion and digital animation, and students have access to other facilities and software such as 3D modelling and composition software, motion capture equipment, life drawing and sound recording studios, and our Ruskin Gallery.

Why not watch our Animation and Illustration Graduate Showcase from 2022 and get a glimpse of some work past students have created here 😊

After studying at ARU, many of our graduates now work in the field at companies such as The Mill, 12 Foot 6, Slurpy Studios, The Like Minded, Filofax, BBC and Channel 4, as well as developing freelance careers in animation and illustration.

Hannah, one of our Animation and Illustration graduates, speaks about her time studying with us 😊

Outside the course, things to think about might include: Are you interested in being close to big cities, like London? Being involved in societies or sports clubs? Opportunities for work? Where do you think you could potentially be living in a few years time?

We hope this provides some help in making your decision If you have any other questions, let us know,

Jemma

Quick Reply

Latest