The Student Room Group

A level maths chemistry psycology

What career can i have with those 3 a levels? and should i take 4 or 3 ?
Original post by ameenatariq
What career can i have with those 3 a levels? and should i take 4 or 3 ?

Depends on what sort of degree you see yourself doing! You would of course be open to degrees in these subjects, so you could go on to be a research scientist, a psychologist etc. Or you could of course go into fields such as law, teaching, archaeology; fields that don't requite specific A levels :h:

What do you enjoy? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Changing Skies
Depends on what sort of degree you see yourself doing! You would of course be open to degrees in these subjects, so you could go on to be a research scientist, a psychologist etc. Or you could of course go into fields such as law, teaching, archaeology; fields that don't requite specific A levels :h:

What do you enjoy? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I enjoy maths and science not heavy English based subjects
Reply 3
I do all 3 of these a levels and I'm going to study computer science at uni and then possibly get a business degree after. So tbh you can go into any career really with this combination.
A cognitive neuroscientist? :wink:
Original post by SSD07
I do all 3 of these a levels and I'm going to study computer science at uni and then possibly get a business degree after. So tbh you can go into any career really with this combination.

oh okay, so i can still decide later what i choose do to?
and would you recommend doing 3 or 4?
Original post by hellodave5
A cognitive neuroscientist? :wink:

don't you need biology for that?
don't you need biology for that?

Can do anything tbh, as long as there isn't a complete mismatch.
Psychology and chemistry will probably teach you all of the biological components more than enough; assuming that you learn about biochemistry a bit in chemistry?. As long as you have a fair understanding of the human body. Maths would be very useful too (something that I suck at! lol).
With maths you are open to pretty much anything except from the obvious
You wont miss too much from noy doing bio but psychology is mostly memorisiation so there is that
Can do anything tbh, as long as there isn't a complete mismatch.
Psychology and chemistry will probably teach you all of the biological components more than enough; assuming that you learn about biochemistry a bit in chemistry?. As long as you have a fair understanding of the human body. Maths would be very useful too (something that I suck at! lol).

oh okay, im not sure what we learn in chemistry yet, i will find out. And do you know how hard these subjects are?
Original post by GeologyMaths
With maths you are open to pretty much anything except from the obvious

yeah that is true
Original post by RiskVsReward
You wont miss too much from noy doing bio but psychology is mostly memorisiation so there is that

i find biology my weakest im far better and chemistry and physics.
oh okay, im not sure what we learn in chemistry yet, i will find out. And do you know how hard these subjects are?

I did BTEC sports science, so I can't help you there regarding those A levels. Though that may be an indicator as to the flexibility with which you can try your hand at different stuff :tongue:
I did BTEC sports science, so I can't help you there regarding those A levels. Though that may be an indicator as to the flexibility with which you can try your hand at different stuff :tongue:

sorry what lol?
Reply 15

I find both maths and chemistry v. hard at A level, a lot of people consider them the hardest a levels along with further maths and physics.

I personally don't think psychology is that hard, its more about being able to learn loads and loads of informatio/content and just being able to pre learn your marked essays. It isn't complex stuff and so the material isn't difficult to understand. Plus the stuff is super interesting making it easier to remember.

Maths and chemistry require a lot more understanding as you can't simply just 'learn' the stuff, you have to be able to apply the knowledge to problems etc..
Original post by SSD07
I find both maths and chemistry v. hard at A level, a lot of people consider them the hardest a levels along with further maths and physics.

I personally don't think psychology is that hard, its more about being able to learn loads and loads of informatio/content and just being able to pre learn your marked essays. It isn't complex stuff and so the material isn't difficult to understand. Plus the stuff is super interesting making it easier to remember.

Maths and chemistry require a lot more understanding as you can't simply just 'learn' the stuff, you have to be able to apply the knowledge to problems etc..

i enjoy maths and i take level 2 further maths, i also enjoy chemistry a lot as well
(edited 8 years ago)
sorry what lol?

In other words as I didn't do them I can't tell you how hard they are.

I did sports science diploma, did psychology degree, then neuroscience masters. So just because you did such and such at A level doesn't mean you can't do other things, as there is some flexibility.
In other words as I didn't do them I can't tell you how hard they are.

I did sports science diploma, did psychology degree, then neuroscience masters. So just because you did such and such at A level doesn't mean you can't do other things, as there is some flexibility.

oh okay, thank you anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest