The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL, Unit 5: Transition Metals and Organic Nitrogen Chemistry. 22-Jun-2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by thymolphthalein
I will try. Since organics cover a lot of content, I may not be able to do all three. I'll try to get aldehydes and ketones done if possible. :smile:

Thanks!
I'd be waiting!
IR and NMR notes are up, please check and let me know if there are any errors. :smile:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwBWX8dVcLhpZjV3SG9nNTZOVnc

Thanks a lot! :biggrin: Appreciate your efforts! :smile:
I will try. Since organics cover a lot of content, I may not be able to do all three. I'll try to get aldehydes and ketones done if possible. :smile:

Thank you so much for your efforts!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aimen.
Thanks!
I'd be waiting!

Original post by sabahshahed294
Thanks a lot! :biggrin: Appreciate your efforts! :smile:

Original post by PlayerBB
Thank you so much for your efforts!

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwBWX8dVcLhpZjV3SG9nNTZOVnc&usp=sharing

Aldehydes and Ketones notes are up. :smile: Let me know if there are mistakes, especially in the equations. May have balanced something wrong while rushing.

Aldehydes and Ketones notes are up. :smile: Let me know if there are mistakes, especially in the equations. May have balanced something wrong while rushing.

Thank you so much! :biggrin: Btw, are you appearing for the paper as well this year? :smile:
Original post by sabahshahed294
Thank you so much! :biggrin: Btw, are you appearing for the paper as well this year? :smile:

No, I finished my Alevels last year. Good luck! :biggrin:
No, I finished my Alevels last year. Good luck! :biggrin:

Damn! You're lucky! :frown: And, thank you! :smile:
Reply 127
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0bwbwx8dvclhpzjv3sg9nntzovnc&usp=sharing

aldehydes and ketones notes are up. :smile: let me know if there are mistakes, especially in the equations. May have balanced something wrong while rushing.

i have no idea how to thankyou for all your efforts!
God bless you godsent! X

Thank you so much!!! I want to ask you, how did you practice solving questions about finding pH, because I am not that confident with it and I need to practice some (other than past papers)
For unit 4, is Gibbs Free Energy part of the specification, it's mentioned in the textbook but not in the specification? :redface:
Original post by Adorable98
For unit 4, is Gibbs Free Energy part of the specification, it's mentioned in the textbook but not in the specification? :redface:

No, it isn't.
The hydride ion H- is a strong reducing agent, a good nucleophile and a strong base. Which of the following changes could NOT be bought about by the ion. A)CH3CHO to CH3CH2OH
B) C2H5BR to C2H6
C) CH2=CH2 to C2H6
D) CH3COOH to CH3COO-
can someone help me with this question please(its unit 5)
hey i know this is a unit 5 thread but is anybody doing unit 4 tomorrow (ial)
Original post by jwanjwan

Yup. I'm doing IAL.
Original post by jwanjwan

Here too
Original post by PlayerBB
Thank you so much!!! I want to ask you, how did you practice solving questions about finding pH, because I am not that confident with it and I need to practice some (other than past papers)

So sorry I couldn't answer this, I got locked out of my account because I forgot my password! I hope the paper was alright. :smile:
Reply 136
15 cm3 of a gaseous hydrocarbon requires 90 cm3 of oxygen for completecombustion, both volumes being measured at 15􀁱C and 1 atm. The formula of thehydrocarbon is

A C4H6
B C4H8
C C4H10
D impossible to calculate without knowing the molar volume of gases underthese conditions.

Guys how do you do this? Please help
Original post by zahragoli97
The hydride ion H- is a strong reducing agent, a good nucleophile and a strong base. Which of the following changes could NOT be bought about by the ion. A)CH3CHO to CH3CH2OH
B) C2H5BR to C2H6
C) CH2=CH2 to C2H6
D) CH3COOH to CH3COO-
can someone help me with this question please(its unit 5)

A - Aldehyde is reduced to an alcohol by H- as its a strong reducing agent
B - acts as a good nucleophile (C2H5Br form C2H5+ carbocation)
D - It's accepted a proton if it's a strong base

It therefore has to be C, as it is undergoing hydrogenation
Can somebody please explain this question to me please?
Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 1.33.12 pm.png
THANKS!!!
Original post by bobbydylan
Can somebody please explain this question to me please?
Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 1.33.12 pm.png
THANKS!!!

I think it should be B if you look at the ionic equation of oxidation of Fe2+ to Fe3+.
Which paper is this from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending