The Student Room Group

CeX

How come if I want to trade in a DS game they can't accept it because it's not a PAL version, like it matters (and the story was the same at Gamestation.)

but they'll sell as FFIII DS import three days before release for £35.:mad:
Reply 1
what does this have to do with CeX?
Because I said they were selling an import yet refuse (or did a few months back) to take them in as a trade?

They're clearly also selling it at a higher price than it will be in 3 days when it's released despite it being cheaper to import in the first place.

Isn't that wrong?
Reply 3
Cex sounds like sex. Coincidence?
Reply 4
They won't buy it because by the time they get round to re-selling it, the UK-Encoded version will be available, so there'd be no point in getting the import one. I think. Have you been to both Cex's? (Hull/Leeds)
Journalistix
They won't buy it because by the time they get round to re-selling it, the UK-Encoded version will be available, so there'd be no point in getting the import one. I think. Have you been to both Cex's? (Hull/Leeds)

I think maybe you misinterpreted me? It was ages ago and I was trying to get rid of a game and it was the US rather than UK version but they wouldn't accept it. I thought it would be because it wasn't PAL even though that goes out the window when it comes to the region free DS.

But when I popped into CeX (Leeds) yesterday for a browse I noticed they were being cheeky and selling FFIII for the DS for £35 which is £5 more than the RRP and £10 more than play.com. It's due for PAL release on the 4th. It's just so money grabbing though as I had mine imported months ago on the day of the US release from playasia.com for about £20-22.

Just wondering what their actual stance on NTSC DS games were and why they think they can get away with that price for FFIII:rolleyes: ]

<small>(P.S. Kane it was funny the first time I saw you in that other thread but now I'm thinking you're stalking me :wink: )</small>
Reply 6
Ah, I don't know then. I don't dabble in all this import-business, I hardly have time to play on my poor GameCube! As for stalking, I merely happened to wander into the games forum after I'd been in H&R! (& I knew you'd reply :p: )

I've got 1000 words left of this essay to do tonight, I need respite!
Reply 7
Why would an American bar code run through a British till system anyway??

ebay is probably your best bet
Journalistix
Ah, I don't know then. I don't dabble in all this import-business, I hardly have time to play on my poor GameCube! As for stalking, I merely happened to wander into the games forum after I'd been in H&R! (& I knew you'd reply :p: )

I've got 1000 words left of this essay to do tonight, I need respite!

It's handy really since we usually have to wait a good few months for the NTSC versions to come out as PAL and it's often cheaper just to get the NTSC version so why not.

Luckily my last essay was handed in yesterday (after being awake for 36 hours) but now I have Pokemon Pearl (:redface: also imported, ha) and really should be revising for exams and getting ready for the flat inspection!:p:
chaywa
Why would an American bar code run through a British till system anyway??

ebay is probably your best bet

Sorry but I think you've misread the whole two sentences of my post wrong.

I already have FFIII. I just think it's both ironic and cheeky that they previously wouldn't accept none PAL versions but are now selling one with a big profit margin days before it's PAL release.
Reply 10
I've traded in NTSC games in GAME before, they just look confused when it doesn't scan, I play innocent and they enter it in manually.

I've done it a few times and they've never mentioned so they mustn't have a problem with it, why would they?
db
I've traded in NTSC games in GAME before, they just look confused when it doesn't scan, I play innocent and they enter it in manually.

I've done it a few times and they've never mentioned so they mustn't have a problem with it, why would they?

Everyone I've tried it with told me off although I was unaware it would even be a problem. It's hardly asif anyone will encounter any trouble with it.

It's a bit daft really if they haven't cottened on when you've done it. If I worked with games (again) and knew that was our policy it's simple enough to look on the back for the region and anyone that is with games surely should have a passion for them and be in the know.
well i've seen them trade in NTSC games for the PS1, and PS2 at gamestation (though marked up as it, naturally). I don't see any logic in not accepting them as a trade-in, maybe contact the management online or something, asking them what the problem is.
moar like sex.

ps. nice attention grabbing thread title :rolleyes:
unique_princess1988
moar like sex.

ps. nice attention grabbing thread title :rolleyes:

Oh right sorry I didn't bother to type out Computer Exchange. Everyone knows that's the abbreviation and what name the stores are branded with outside etc.

Maybe people should stop being so immature. "Lyke omg do you know what that is one letter off saying?!?":rolleyes:
I hope your spelling of 'moar' was intentional.

Hmmm that's strange that they've sold NTSC PS1 and 2 when there's clearly more chance of that not working and some idiot ignoring the label whereas the DS it doesn't matter one bit.
coloursonthetv
Oh right sorry I didn't bother to type out Computer Exchange. Everyone knows that's the abbreviation and what name the stores are branded with outside etc.

Maybe people should stop being so immature. "Lyke omg do you know what that is one letter off saying?!?":rolleyes:
I hope your spelling of 'moar' was intentional.

Hmmm that's strange that they've sold NTSC PS1 and 2 when there's clearly more chance of that not working and some idiot ignoring the label whereas the DS it doesn't matter one bit.

They are usually in their display cases or something though, so less likely of that.

I just realised that Cex is Entertainment Exchange, and there is one in brighton. They can't even tell the difference between the original copy of a game and its expansion pack there, so you expect them to think logically about different region codes *personal rant there*. They also offer to pay a trade in price of £1.99 for Ehrgeiz and Suikoden there (they actually had it on a sign in there)... moral of the story, they are idiots.
Eru Iluvatar
They are usually in their display cases or something though, so less likely of that.

I just realised that Cex is Entertainment Exchange, and there is one in brighton. They can't even tell the difference between the original copy of a game and its expansion pack there, so you expect them to think logically about different region codes *personal rant there*. They also offer to pay a trade in price of £1.99 for Ehrgeiz and Suikoden there (they actually had it on a sign in there)... moral of the story, they are idiots.

Oh dear, and cheers for the spelling! I was trying to ebay Ehrgeiz before haha:p:
lol, i have practice at doing the same, thats how i always remember the right spelling.

Latest