The Student Room Group

How to revise for an open-book examination?

This might be a silly question but how do you revise for an open book exam?.
I have one in 7 weeks based on 10 weeks worth of lectures and I'm unsure how to go about it because we can take in lecture notes,any other notes,books,journals etc.
Obviously you require different strategies to closed books exams e.g. rewriting notes won't be useful when revising for an open book exam.
I was thinking of writing out all my lecture notes but that's a waste of time right?.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by velvetsky
This might be a silly question but how do you revise for an open book exam?.
I have one in 7 weeks based on 10 weeks worth of lectures and I'm unsure how to go about it because we can take in lecture notes,any other notes,books,journals etc.
Obviously you require different strategies to closed books exams e.g. rewriting notes won't be useful when revising for an open book exam.
I was thinking of writing out all my lecture notes but that's a waste of time right?.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It might be a good idea to condense all of your notes into a more orderly form so if you do need to refer to them in the exam, it's easy to find what you're looking for :smile: while you're condensing the information, this will also help you learn it as you're not just copying it straight out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending