The Student Room Group

Asurat's road to A*A*A*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Asurat
End of week 14

This Summer I've got some semi-solid plans as I'm going to have an academic reading book club with my friend as we've gotten so used to going to the library, and we want to have an intellectual glo-up before we go to university.

Sounds quite sophisticated :holmes:

STEP is meant to be very challenging, so don't beat yourself up too much about it :tongue:

Good luck with the rest of your exams! :h:
Reply 61
Original post by SeanFM
Sounds quite sophisticated :holmes:

STEP is meant to be very challenging, so don't beat yourself up too much about it :tongue:

Good luck with the rest of your exams! :h:

Thanks, and I knew it was going to be challenging but I'm happy with the progress I've made regardless of whatever grade I get! :smile:
Reply 62
End of week 15

I'm doing an early update as I had no plans this evening, brilliant. This week I had G484, Core 3 and Core 4.
I think all of my exams went pretty well. I think I've done enough in Core 3 and Core 4. I feel like Core 3 went well and Core 4 well enough, but did make a few mistakes on Core 4 which could cost me. G484 went fairly well as well, and seems to have for the rest of the country so I think grade boundaries will reflect that.
So I have G485, D2 and FP3 and I think that the 3A* is still on the cards (unless I Ad A2 maths this week). The last G485 paper I sat I got an A, FP3 A* and D2 A* and this weekend I'm going to force improvement as hard as I can. My reduction formula stuff needs work, as do my matrices properties. Just need to turn up and not bottle anything.
Yeahh I'm out. Nothing to share as all I've been doing is revising.

Leave won the referendum btw.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 63
Do you know what's a good feeling? Reading up on a specific reduction formula as you're walking into the exam cus you have a bad feeling... and it comes up in the paper :u:
Reply 64
End of week 16

I'm finished!!! This week I sat FP3, G485 and D2.
FP3 went alright, I reckon I got 6 of 8 questions fully or near to fully correct and I'm sure I messed up on 2, screwed up the vectors question but I think I'm sure to pick up a few method marks, and for the matrices I messed up a "find the diagonal matrix D" question as I forgot I didn't have to work it out. A reduction formula "show that" that I was looking at as I walked into the exam came up which was sweet.
G485 God knows, I'm annoyed at the lack of essays as I was hoping for a HENCH MRI and origin of the universe question.
D2 did not go incredibly well but I only did 5 past papers and I couldn't care right now. I reckon I only got an A in further maths and physics though (could have done worse or better who knows).

Just went to the gym and am a bit tired, now need to catch up on a month of training, eating and personal grooming :cool:. The next update will be results day, where we see if I overestimated myself and am going to have to embarrass myself on the net or if I'm a happy guy. Until then I'm going to enjoy my Summer, thanks to everyone who shared this journey with me. There will probably be an episode 3 at university (probably not if I'm in year 14 though). See you guys on results day.
(edited 7 years ago)
..I hope it doesn't come to a Year 14 :tongue: though it's not the end of the world if it does.

and well done on having last minute preparation pay off, I know as well that there's no better feeling than when it comes up in the exam and you know how to do it. :lol:

All the best :h:
Reply 66
Thank you!
Reply 67
Original post by SeanFM
..I hope it doesn't come to a Year 14 :tongue: though it's not the end of the world if it does.

and well done on having last minute preparation pay off, I know as well that there's no better feeling than when it comes up in the exam and you know how to do it. :lol:

All the best :h:

Yeah it was a really good feeling! I think I've met my offer but can't be ruling anything out too early :smile:
Reply 68
Results day

On results night I was tossing and turning like Red in that one scene in the Shawshank redemption when he thought that Andy Dufresne was going to kill himself..........
That didn't matter though, cus I got A*AAUU (maths further maths physics and STEPs) and I'm going to LSE to study maths w/ econs!! I'm fairly happy with my grades. I mean, my blog's titled "road to A*A*A*" so I sort of flopped but I'm really happy with what I've achieved regardless.

Results day was LOOOONG. One thing I found amusing was everyone who was happy with what they got milled around for a long long time (I won't pretend that I didn't). I really can't remember much of the night afterwards but I nearly ended up in a situation where I couldn't get a taxi cus it was late and had to walk 3 hours to my village. So yeah it was a good night.

3 or so years ago I thought that I wouldn't be able to get into any of the universities that I applied and got accepted to so it's a good feeling having made it this far. Also thought that it'd be mad hard to get ABB or above... I was right about that though.
Self-masturbatory comments are cool but the hard work has only just begun. Over the next month I'm gonna read econs (as I already have been), and start prelim reading for my course as well as starting maths again. I've not even looked at anything mathematical over the Summer in case I didn't get in but now I'm secure I'm going to build.

Thanks to everyone who's read my blog over the year, special mention to anybody who put up with this for two! Take care everyone, I'm going to enjoy the rest of my Summer now I have money and A-levels :tongue:
Original post by Asurat
Results day

On results night I was tossing and turning like Red in that one scene in the Shawshank redemption when he thought that Andy Dufresne was going to kill himself..........
That didn't matter though, cus I got A*AAUU (maths further maths physics and STEPs) and I'm going to LSE to study maths w/ econs!! I'm fairly happy with my grades. I mean, my blog's titled "road to A*A*A*" so I sort of flopped but I'm really happy with what I've achieved regardless.

Results day was LOOOONG. One thing I found amusing was everyone who was happy with what they got milled around for a long long time (I won't pretend that I didn't). I really can't remember much of the night afterwards but I nearly ended up in a situation where I couldn't get a taxi cus it was late and had to walk 3 hours to my village. So yeah it was a good night.

3 or so years ago I thought that I wouldn't be able to get into any of the universities that I applied and got accepted to so it's a good feeling having made it this far. Also thought that it'd be mad hard to get ABB or above... I was right about that though.
Self-masturbatory comments are cool but the hard work has only just begun. Over the next month I'm gonna read econs (as I already have been), and start prelim reading for my course as well as starting maths again. I've not even looked at anything mathematical over the Summer in case I didn't get in but now I'm secure I'm going to build.

Thanks to everyone who's read my blog over the year, special mention to anybody who put up with this for two! Take care everyone, I'm going to enjoy the rest of my Summer now I have money and A-levels :tongue:

Well done! Hope you have a great time at uni!
Reply 70
Original post by hoafanuk
Well done! Hope you have a great time at uni!

Thanks!
Do you guys have any gcse revision tips that u guys used when revising.
And do u guys have a* essays that u wrote in prep for ur english exams.
Original post by Asurat
Results day

You should be absolutely proud man. This thread and your last thread were extremely good. Best of luck and I look forward to seeing your next blog.

-ChiefKwen
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by ChiefKwen
You should be absolutely proud man. This thread and your last thread were extremely good. Best of luck and I look forward to seeing your next blog.

-ChiefKwen

Thanks, I think it's unlikely that I'll blog through uni. Since I'm paying £50k I think I won't find a blog terrible useful. Congrats on your grades too!
ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME GET AN A* IN MY SCIENCE ISA
AND DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO FIND THE 2016 FURTHER ADDITIONAL ISA PAPER FOR ALL TL3 SCIENCES
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending