The Student Room Group

Judge Business School: How Do I get There?

Heya, so I am gong for a course at the judge this week (tomorrow evening and 11 hours on Saturday) but have never been there.
I hear parking is a nuisance and that there's a shopping mall nearby but the parking is expensive (£32 /day) and the accommodation I'm at is quite a bit away (like near the mosque/ beyond Mill Road), thus would be terrified walking it late at night.

Uber looks ridiculously expensive and was wondering if anyone knew of any cheap transport options?
Original post by Anonymous
Heya, so I am gong for a course at the judge this week (tomorrow evening and 11 hours on Saturday) but have never been there.
I hear parking is a nuisance and that there's a shopping mall nearby but the parking is expensive (£32 /day) and the accommodation I'm at is quite a bit away (like near the mosque/ beyond Mill Road), thus would be terrified walking it late at night.

Uber looks ridiculously expensive and was wondering if anyone knew of any cheap transport options?

The Judge is effectively the same place as the Fitzwilliam Museum, and is only a few minutes walk from the centre of town. Any bus that gets you to the Bus Station will be an easy 8-10 minute walk away.

Walking between JBS and the Mill Road area will be well lit, busy and quite safe. If you are near mill Road, there isn't really any closer parking - Cambridge is increasingly designed to encourage parking in the Park & Rides and then taking a bus into town. The Trumpington Road P&R is the one on that side of town.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
The Judge is effectively the same place as the Fitzwilliam Museum, and is only a few minutes walk from the centre of town. Any bus that gets you to the Bus Station will be an easy 8-10 minute walk away.

Walking between JBS and the Mill Road area will be well lit, busy and quite safe. If you are near mill Road, there isn't really any closer parking - Cambridge is increasingly designed to encourage parking in the Park & Rides and then taking a bus into town. The Trumpington Road P&R is the one on that side of town.

I made a mistake re where Im staying (looks much closer on a map :biggrin:)

Im staying near the David Lloyds, which is like 1.4 miles away from Mill road / across some flooded chalk pits it seems and is in an industrial park
Reply 3

how close is the P&R to the judge. Im planning on taking my car as Cambs is a 1-1.5 hour drive away (4-5 hour round trip by train sadly as I have to go in and out of london via train and I suspect there may be transport issues in my neck of the woods)
The hotel I am at however has parking but am curious how much park and ride costs and if it is safe to leave a car there for many hours / to use transport to the park and ride after 10pm on Friday and a weekend
I made a mistake re where Im staying (looks much closer on a map :biggrin:)

Im staying near the David Lloyds, which is like 1.4 miles away from Mill road / across some flooded chalk pits it seems and is in an industrial park

Try using this https://transport.cambridgeshirepeterborough-ca.gov.uk/journey-planner/

It looks like you are in Cherry Hinton, which is the 'posh' end of town. Your car will be fine in the hotel car park. The P&Rs are nowhere near the Judge, the JBS is in the middle of town,

Failing all that, get a taxi in and out.
Reply 5
Try using this https://transport.cambridgeshirepeterborough-ca.gov.uk/journey-planner/

It looks like you are in Cherry Hinton, which is the 'posh' end of town. Your car will be fine in the hotel car park. The P&Rs are nowhere near the Judge, the JBS is in the middle of town,

Failing all that, get a taxi in and out.

thanks,
im using taxi for today and probably will try p&r tomorrow.

Also on a side note, im planning on going mill road to try some food out (hear bedouin is supposed to be great). Got any tips for going Mill Road after 8-830pm or during mid day on a weekend?
thanks,
im using taxi for today and probably will try p&r tomorrow.

Also on a side note, im planning on going mill road to try some food out (hear bedouin is supposed to be great). Got any tips for going Mill Road after 8-830pm or during mid day on a weekend?

You should book if you want to eat on Mill Lane in the evenings. I wouldn't bother going in the middle of the day, just walk into town and eat at the Copper Kettle/Agora or Fitzbillies or at St Michaels Church - all Cambridge classics.
Reply 7
You should book if you want to eat on Mill Lane in the evenings. I wouldn't bother going in the middle of the day, just walk into town and eat at the Copper Kettle/Agora or Fitzbillies or at St Michaels Church - all Cambridge classics.

Kinda have dietary restrictions, which narrows down places I can eat (ie halal food) 😅
Kinda have dietary restrictions, which narrows down places I can eat (ie halal food) 😅

Def Mill Lane is the best area then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending