The Student Room Group

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Got 194/200, 140 on GEOG1 somehow and 54 on GEOG2
Didn't do GEOG1 cause I did it last year but I got 60 in my retake of GEOG2
Got a B overall. Very happy, what I need for uni and a vast improvement from my E grade mock exam lol
does getting 140/140 in unit 1 literally mean you got full marks?? As it says 140 points on my sheet is that the same as marks
Original post by Summerlight
does getting 140/140 in unit 1 literally mean you got full marks?? As it says 140 points on my sheet is that the same as marks

it means full UMS which probably isn't the same as raw marks, you can ask your teacher for your raw mark score out of 120
Is anyone planning to retake unit 1 in 2017?!
Original post by L1lly

I am! (As i got a B and wanted am A :frown: ) .... what topics inside the paper do you cover?

The only difficult thing is that we don't get any 'resit' lessons so i have to find the time to study for it myself :/
Same here :frown: rivers, coasts, population and health! True which is annoying! will just have to start revision earlier
Original post by L1lly

I am!!! Somehow completely failed unit 1, but got a C in unit 2?? My topics are Rivers, Cold environments, population change and health. We could always swap notes over the same topics?
Reply 1109
Bit of a long shot but have a mock tomorrow and guessing it will be this paper. Can anyone remember the wording of the population 15 marker about social welfare? And any food questions
Hey guys!
Can someone please help me work this out????
So I got 75/80 GEOG4a an A, 93 on Geog3 like 2 ums from an A Geog2 53/60 so an A
I'm retaking unit 1 as I flopped it so badly in year 12. Do I still have a chance of getting an A*??? And if so how much roughly do I need to get for an A*???
Original post by karatejenny
I am!!! Somehow completely failed unit 1, but got a C in unit 2?? My topics are Rivers, Cold environments, population change and health. We could always swap notes over the same topics?

Omg :frown:(( Tbh most of my notes are A3 posters and written notes haha but I'm happy to take pictures of them if anyone wants???
Also if anyone has made a thread for GEOG 1 old paper for 2017 please send me the link!
Original post by L1lly
Hey guys!
Can someone please help me work this out????
So I got 75/80 GEOG4a an A, 93 on Geog3 like 2 ums from an A Geog2 53/60 so an A
I'm retaking unit 1 as I flopped it so badly in year 12. Do I still have a chance of getting an A*??? And if so how much roughly do I need to get for an A*???

I was told that you need 90% on both A2 papers as well as already having gotten AA at AS ... hope that helps!
Reply 1113
Original post by L1lly

I am :smile:
Original post by L1lly
Omg :frown:(( Tbh most of my notes are A3 posters and written notes haha but I'm happy to take pictures of them if anyone wants???
Also if anyone has made a thread for GEOG 1 old paper for 2017 please send me the link!

If you could that would be great! I'm making mind maps per topic so I could send you those if you want?
Is anyone else resitting this unit? Need to form a study group or something similar, this unit is hard af I got a C last year but a B overall but I need to get an A this year so I'm resitting, would love to know of anyone else resitting
Original post by pezisland37
Is anyone else resitting this unit? Need to form a study group or something similar, this unit is hard af I got a C last year but a B overall but I need to get an A this year so I'm resitting, would love to know of anyone else resitting

I'm resitting as well! What topics do you do?
Original post by pezisland37

Retaking too:smile: got a D on both exams....
Original post by Zara0526
I'm resitting as well! What topics do you do?

Cold environments, rivers, health and population, should we form another resit thread because that would be more helpful?
Original post by IKEAPanda37
Retaking too:smile: got a D on both exams....

Resit buddies lmao but yeah fr I need to get a good grade this year so we should make another thread for resits because this thread is really overcrowded. I've got the 2016 past paper as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending