The Student Room Group

GCSE and EXAMS HELP

Hi,
Can anyone please provide me tips to boost my grades from 4/5 to 6/7 for all subjects.

- For maths I struggle with questions with mixed topics like percentages ratio etc.with 4/5 mark questions (Edexcel)

- For English literature I need to study Macbeth (beginner) and analysing unseen poetry (AQA)

- For English language I struggle with structure and with language device ( how to make my own piece of writing using structure and language devices really good) (AQA)

- For science I struggle with learning topics which are complicated with 6 marks questions (AQA)

- I also do computer science (Edexcel), health and social care (Btec) and geography (Edexcel A) If any of you can also provide tips for these subjects it will be very useful.

Provide me with best revision resources and tips for time managing to study after school. Websites + YouTube videos. I got 4 and 5s in my year 10 mocks for all subjects, I want to boost my grades to 6 or 7 for all subjects. I want to get grade 7/8 for maths, grade 5/6 for science, grade 6/7 for English literature, grade 5/6 for English language in my upcoming mocks for year 11. they will be starting from 20th November, next month.

It would be really helpful as I am very worried about this year upcoming mocks and soon GCSEs will come.

Please help me, I will appreciate it and I will help you
Reply 1
Original post by Harman Kaur
Hi,
Can anyone please provide me tips to boost my grades from 4/5 to 6/7 for all subjects.

- For maths I struggle with questions with mixed topics like percentages ratio etc.with 4/5 mark questions (Edexcel)

- For English literature I need to study Macbeth (beginner) and analysing unseen poetry (AQA)

- For English language I struggle with structure and with language device ( how to make my own piece of writing using structure and language devices really good) (AQA)

- For science I struggle with learning topics which are complicated with 6 marks questions (AQA)

- I also do computer science (Edexcel), health and social care (Btec) and geography (Edexcel A) If any of you can also provide tips for these subjects it will be very useful.

Provide me with best revision resources and tips for time managing to study after school. Websites + YouTube videos. I got 4 and 5s in my year 10 mocks for all subjects, I want to boost my grades to 6 or 7 for all subjects. I want to get grade 7/8 for maths, grade 5/6 for science, grade 6/7 for English literature, grade 5/6 for English language in my upcoming mocks for year 11. they will be starting from 20th November, next month.

It would be really helpful as I am very worried about this year upcoming mocks and soon GCSEs will come.

Please help me, I will appreciate it and I will help you

Maths: the key here is really exam questions. First you understand the topic then do a bunch of questions from physicsandmathstutor

English Lit: there are a bunch of examples of Macbeth analysis online, just google it

English Language: i know this isn’t exactly helpful, but it really just takes time to improve at writing. Ask your teacher to give you feedback on anything you have written

Science: to understand topics I usually watch Cognito videos on YouTube, they’re short & cover everything. Then just practise exam qs & you’re good to go

Don’t worry about the mocks, just put in the work & I’m sure you’ll be ok :smile:
There’s still time before the GCSEs to improve, good luck!!
Reply 2
Original post by marioo068
Maths: the key here is really exam questions. First you understand the topic then do a bunch of questions from physicsandmathstutor

English Lit: there are a bunch of examples of Macbeth analysis online, just google it

English Language: i know this isn’t exactly helpful, but it really just takes time to improve at writing. Ask your teacher to give you feedback on anything you have written

Science: to understand topics I usually watch Cognito videos on YouTube, they’re short & cover everything. Then just practise exam qs & you’re good to go

Don’t worry about the mocks, just put in the work & I’m sure you’ll be ok :smile:
There’s still time before the GCSEs to improve, good luck!!

thank you so much this was helpful. I do use cognito but very few times it is good and I also know about physics and maths tutor but haven't started to use yet but thanks for your response it was helpful for eng lit, lang and maths.
thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest