The Student Room Group
4? G-SUS Man, I've only got one - Kubla Khan.
Reply 2
i guess it depend on wether you have other good texts, and how many other good texts you have.

iv only learnt two poems, but i also have an essay, a novel and a play.
to decide which ones you should learn make sure you go for ones which you can write good essays on, and the ones which have common Qs which come up often. such as hotel room 12th floor.

dont do poems which only have one good Q on them. hedge your bets.
Reply 3
^ Good advice

4 is loads as far as poems go (I only had one), but you obviously need a couple of non-poems that you're happy with
im studying 3. shooting stars, in mrs tilschers class and litany. i hope thats enough.
Reply 5
Im only studying - One Play, One Novel, One Poem and One Non-Fiction...
Reply 6
Cirrus
Im only studying - One Play, One Novel, One Poem and One Non-Fiction...

In class we covered one play, one autobiographical essay (ie non-fiction), one film and 4 poems.

Im only going to revise 2 of the poems (sort of linked) and then the rest
Reply 7
I'm doing three poems, a novel, and a short story.

Three poems being Visiting Hour by Norman MacCaig, Revelation by Liz Lochead, and Trio by Edwin Morgan.

I've yet to learn the short story *well* yet.
Reply 8
im learning 2 carol anne duffy poems and a liz lochhead one.

and Othello.

c'est bant.
Reply 9
I learned 3 poems. I was originally trying to learn 4 but I didn't really get one so decided spending my time on the other 3 would be better. Two were linked.
Reply 10
Revelation! That's it! Been trying to remember the name of that for like two years :redface: (hated that poem!)
Reply 11
did anyone learn the poem Valentine by Carol Ann Duffy ?
Reply 12
done valentine last year. ended up doing havisham in the exam. i don't really remember how higher works.

too busy learning 2 plays, 2 books, 18 heaney poems and 6 coleridge for advanced higher

WHYYYYY did i take it!
Reply 13
Wootz
done valentine last year. ended up doing havisham in the exam. i don't really remember how higher works.

too busy learning 2 plays, 2 books, 18 heaney poems and 6 coleridge for advanced higher

WHYYYYY did i take it!

18 poems!?!?!??! that's.... insane. :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending