The Student Room Group

GCSE

Hi,
I have my literature exam in a few days, and i am really stressing about how i should revise. lit is my weakest subject and if there is any advice you could give me, i would really appreciate it? many thanks
Novels and plays - try to remember a few quotes that can link to many themes, and contain a few techniques
Poetry - Memorise up to 5 poems that can compare well with others regardless of the theme

Ensure that you show an understanding of the context of the poems, novels and plays in order to get higher marks
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by taylor2317
Novels and plays - try to remember a few quotes that can link to many themes, and contain a few techniques
Poetry - Memorise up to 5 poems that can compare well with others regardless of the theme

Ensure that you show an understanding of the context of the poems, novels and plays in order to get higher marks

thanks, but do u know where to get analysis from
Original post by Anonymous48

If you Google "[Poem Name] Physics and Maths Tutor", this breaks down each poem really well, explaining key quotes and context.

For novels and plays, the site (and app) Genius breaks down these really well. This is publically editable, so crams more resources into one (despite it being a lyrics website!)

There are lots of analysis videos on YouTube. Mr Bruff is a good example: https://www.youtube.com/@mrbruff/videos
Don't try to remember an abundance of quotes, it'll be too stressful and won't put you at an advantage. Pick a few key quotes that go with many themes, and analyse the hell out of them in the exam. U can get a lot of analysis by watching mr salles, mr everything English,PMT website, and also a little tip is to listen to podcasts about the books youre studying, u can find many on Spotify. Lets get those top grades broski!!!
Hi,
I have my literature exam in a few days, and i am really stressing about how i should revise. lit is my weakest subject and if there is any advice you could give me, i would really appreciate it? many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest