The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/3832309.stm

Can we expect to see this on the news today?
Reply 81
Edexcel says it is able to track down who has logged on to the page where the questions were posted.

heh
Bogot
I can see nothing being done about this in the end and the whole mess just being forgotten. God I hate P2....

just because you cant see things...doesnt mean things arnt going on.

love Katy ***
Reply 83
Camford
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/3832309.stm

Can we expect to see this on the news today?

The BBC just emailed me back asking if they can quote me - I might be famous :biggrin: Or perhaps not.
Reply 84
Bezza
The BBC just emailed me back asking if they can quote me - I might be famous :biggrin: Or perhaps not.

What did you say????

G
Reply 85
gzftan
What did you say????

G

Nothing particularly interesting - basically that the guardian and edexcel had it all wrong and I thought they should be more worried about how the questions were leaked rather than blaming it all on ukl for allowing "potentially illegal activity to go unchecked" I'll pm you what I wrote if you want to see it.
Reply 86
Bezza
Nothing particularly interesting - basically that the guardian and edexcel had it all wrong and I thought they should be more worried about how the questions were leaked rather than blaming it all on ukl for allowing "potentially illegal activity to go unchecked" I'll pm you what I wrote if you want to see it.

Yes please! :smile:

You're right though...Edexcel are just trying to divert the blame from their shoulders onto the forum...when they probably wouldn't even know about it if we hadn't informed them. Also...they lied about so much to try and cover up what happened...esp the bit about taking the questions of during the exam..they were still on later that evening!!!! :mad:

G
Camford
http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3104175
Another news article concerning EdExcel. It said that the exam board said that 2 questions were posted. Dumb ass, can't they count?

They're trying to play it down!
bezza, Id like to see it too if that's ok?

Does anyone know if there are any "Normal" chemistry edexcel exams next Tues? If not the leaked paper is probably the Nuffield Synoptic one. Which Im also sitting! Ah well, they say they are changing it - but judging by their proof-reading record we'll probably get loads of unanswerable questions now! :rolleyes:

rosie
gzftan
Yes please! :smile:

You're right though...Edexcel are just trying to divert the blame from their shoulders onto the forum...when they probably wouldn't even know about it if we hadn't informed them. Also...they lied about so much to try and cover up what happened...esp the bit about taking the questions of during the exam..they were still on later that evening!!!! :mad:

G

dont go quite that far.....i came home from the gym to remove them...and that wasnt in the evening. as in the evening i was busy.

love Katy ***
Reply 90
I don't understand how people on the forum could possibly have informed them when they were sitting the exam - the logistics of it are...well...impossible.

Ben
Reply 91
ickle_katy
dont go quite that far.....i came home from the gym to remove them...and that wasnt in the evening. as in the evening i was busy.

love Katy ***

Maybe not the evening then....but they were definite online that afternoon....can't quite remember the time though :tongue:

G
ickle_katy

love Katy ***

when did you take them off?

I'm positive that I saw at least one of the original posts when I came home, and I only got home about 1.45pm kinda time - quite a while after the exam had finished, even though it wasn't the evening..

or did they mean something else?

rosie
Reply 93
female_engineer
Do you think we are getting into a state over something silly? The only reason I ask is because i've just told a friend of mine, and the reception I got was suggesting I was...don't really think they understood. It's just cast a shadow of doubt in my mind now.

I think katy said that people who read it will not be effected.

meanwhile, check the top story in education on the bbc - linked and all!
gzftan
Maybe not the evening then....but they were definite online that afternoon....can't quite remember the time though :tongue:

G

so if you know that what they say is untrue...you just ignore it.

love Katy ***
Ollie
I think katy said that people who read it will not be effected.

meanwhile, check the top story in education on the bbc - linked and all!

I didn't view the questions anyway. I just meant generally about the whole cheating thing.
Reply 96
ickle_katy
so if you know that what they say is untrue...you just ignore it.

love Katy ***

It just annoys me that they're blaming UKL to save face.....:mad:

G
gzftan
It just annoys me that they're blaming UKL to save face.....:mad:

G

i dont get why your all sooo worked up about it. we know the truth, edexcell know the truth, the police know the truth. if the big bad media and the public think were bad people, well let them. if everyone thinks were amazing...can you imagine how bad the servers going to get...its bad enough now.

love Katy ***
Reply 98
ickle_katy
i dont get why your all sooo worked up about it. we know the truth, edexcell know the truth, the police know the truth. if the big bad media and the public think were bad people, well let them. if everyone thinks were amazing...can you imagine how bad the servers going to get...its bad enough now.

love Katy ***

I suppose you're right...the voice of logic once again...no wonder you're a mod!!! :smile:

G
gzftan
I suppose you're right...the voice of logic once again...no wonder you're a mod!!! :smile:

G

see im not just a pretty face after all!!

love Katy ***

Latest

Trending

Trending