The Student Room Group

Do allot of teens move out for college?

Im 17 and i want to move out for college but im worried that there wont be that many people my age living in the accomedation?
Original post by Zovi123
Im 17 and i want to move out for college but im worried that there wont be that many people my age living in the accomedation?

Never heard of anyone moving out for college. Uni, yes not college
Reply 2
Exactly but i just really want to move outbut i dont want to be living in a building full of like 25 yr olds :/
Original post by Zargabaath
Never heard of anyone moving out for college. Uni, yes not college

I moved out at 16, though it wasn't expressly "for college".

Original post by Zovi123
Exactly but i just really want to move outbut i dont want to be living in a building full of like 25 yr olds :/

If you move out how do you plan to support yourself? You might be able to secure a place in a youth hostel (Foyer etc) in which case you would be with other youths.
Reply 4
Original post by ByronicHero
I moved out at 16, though it wasn't expressly "for college".

If you move out how do you plan to support yourself? You might be able to secure a place in a youth hostel (Foyer etc) in which case you would be with other youths.

Iever even even considered the idea of a youth hostel, the thought never crossed my mind but ill do some research. Do allot of people live their long term? I always thought a few weeks/months was the maximum usually.
Did you live in student accomedation? If so were there allot of people there your age?
Original post by Zovi123
Iever even even considered the idea of a youth hostel, the thought never crossed my mind but ill do some research. Do allot of people live their long term? I always thought a few weeks/months was the maximum usually.
Did you live in student accomedation? If so were there allot of people there your age?

It depends on your situation and the particular accommodation rules. Some allow people to live there for years.

No, I lived with adults in normal scared accommodation. There were a couple of people in their early twenties but I was used to having older friends so got on well with the people I lived with of various ages.
Reply 6
Original post by ByronicHero
It depends on your situation and the particular accommodation rules. Some allow people to live there for years.

No, I lived with adults in normal scared accommodation. There were a couple of people in their early twenties but I was used to having older friends so got on well with the people I lived with of various ages.

I kinda think i would prefer student accomedation. I think i could deal with people being a bit older and i would probably make a few friends with people on my course who were my age so i could always hang out with them a bit. I still dont really know though.
Totally. It's the norm in the states
Original post by Daniellaaa
Totally. It's the norm in the states

I think you mean 'college' in the American way not the British way :tongue:
College in the UK is like the last two years of high school ^.^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending