The Student Room Group

Unicourse.org? HNC/HND Mech Eng

Has anyone successfully used unicourse.org before?

I've not found much information what so ever. I called them up today and they seemed pretty legit but the cost of £4250 for both a HNC + HND course seemed too cheap to be true.

There's some good google reviews (but they can easily be faked) and a relatively active YouTube channel, but I was hoping to hear some student reviews, who have proof of their qualifications.

I've read that they're verified with Edexcel and that their centre number is 05456 but I'm still feeling sceptical.

if anyone else can recommend any other online HNC/HND qualification providers that would be much appreciated too

Thanks
did you ever find out im looking at them too
Reply 2
i am searching the same. if anybody knows about unicourse pls share the infomation
I went with tecol in the end. They were cheaper but they turned out legit because I've been studying with them a year now. If you're worried about unicourse take their exam centre number off their website and phone pearson edexcel (the exam board) and ask them to confirm the centre number to you. That's what I did when I was choosing providers to be safe :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Ayyyyyyyyylmao
I went with tecol in the end. They were cheaper but they turned out legit because I've been studying with them a year now. If you're worried about unicourse take their exam centre number off their website and phone pearson edexcel (the exam board) and ask them to confirm the centre number to you. That's what I did when I was choosing providers to be safe :smile:

thanks your reply, can you give me some details about tecol and fees
Original post by sinoj
thanks your reply, can you give me some details about tecol and fees

£3690 for the combined hnc/hnd if you pay all in one go. Then theres two other payment options for if you want to do it in installments which work out slightly more expensive. I'll put a link to their page but you should really learn how to use google search my dude :tongue:

https://tecol.co.uk/level-4-5-hnc-hnd-in-engineering/l5-hnd/
Reply 6
£3690 for the combined hnc/hnd if you pay all in one go. Then theres two other payment options for if you want to do it in installments which work out slightly more expensive. I'll put a link to their page but you should really learn how to use google search my dude :tongue:

thanks bro...
Reply 7

Hi mate,

How are you getting on with the course now? Are you finding the support helpful/useful?

Thanks
Original post by rankin89
Hi mate,

How are you getting on with the course now? Are you finding the support helpful/useful?

Thanks

hi im on the course so i thought i might give you my advise some teachers are very helpful others are not.
my maths teacher went above and beyond to help me where as my science teacher replies with one word answers...(he frustrates me, i take my time writing my questions well with screenshot of the bits i am stuck on and i get replies that seem irreverent.

i now pay for a private tutor £20 an hour but he is super helpful.

would i still pay for the course again most likely as its allot cheaper then a online uni course from a bricks and mortar college.
Reply 9

Hey mate,

on the assignments they state they randomly ring to validate work/check you know it? Has that ever happened to you?

Cheers
Reply 10
Original post by sly studies
hi im on the course so i thought i might give you my advise some teachers are very helpful others are not.
my maths teacher went above and beyond to help me where as my science teacher replies with one word answers...(he frustrates me, i take my time writing my questions well with screenshot of the bits i am stuck on and i get replies that seem irreverent.

i now pay for a private tutor £20 an hour but he is super helpful.

would i still pay for the course again most likely as its allot cheaper then a online uni course from a bricks and mortar college.

Hi mate,

Do unicourse call up after submitting assignments to validate your work?

Cheers
Original post by LJM94
Hey mate,

on the assignments they state they randomly ring to validate work/check you know it? Has that ever happened to you?

Cheers

never happened to me yet, but it may happen
Reply 12
Original post by sly studies
never happened to me yet, but it may happen

Cheers for the reply. I'm looking at submitting my first assignment. I study on a pass assignment basis... my role at work doesn't require this level of maths. So I was hoping to move on from maths, without having to worry about a call back to test me!
Original post by LJM94
Cheers for the reply. I'm looking at submitting my first assignment. I study on a pass assignment basis... my role at work doesn't require this level of maths. So I was hoping to move on from maths, without having to worry about a call back to test me!

no worries good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending