The Student Room Group

A2 Biology HELP!

I do AQA biology and was wondering whether or not we are required to learn investigating population methods such as pooters and pitfall traps? They are mentioned in my revision/textbooks but the specifications doesn't state we need to know all these methods?
Reply 1
Original post by KrazziYold
I do AQA biology and was wondering whether or not we are required to learn investigating population methods such as pooters and pitfall traps? They are mentioned in my revision/textbooks but the specifications doesn't state we need to know all these methods?

No you do not need to know them, although you could, if you wanted to, talk about them should it be relevant in the synoptic essay. All you need to know is that you just use some appropriate trapping method. I'm assuming this is mainly to do with capture-mark-recapture.

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by RMNDK
No you do not need to know them, although you could, if you wanted to, talk about them should it be relevant in the synoptic essay. All you need to know is that you just use some appropriate trapping method. I'm assuming this is mainly to do with capture-mark-recapture.

Spoiler

Ahh thankyou, I've wrote them anyway I just wont pay much attention to it then :smile:ahaha so true
Reply 3
Original post by KrazziYold

Mark-Release-Recapture
Percentage Cover
Random Sampling
Stratified Sampling
Thats the main sampling methods/techniques required

Quick Reply

Latest