The Student Room Group

Road to A*A*A*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
If you take a look at this link, you'll see that physics and maths tutor uploaded a few topic wise questions recently along with their mark schemes. I'd say they're worth practising once you finish a chapter in case you don't want to exhaust past papers.

Thank you so much Ayman, they're really a massive help as yeah I don't want to exhaust past papers !!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 41
Update:
So my basketball practice days are so many with the wrong timings and it seems like I can't handle them so I guess I am going to leave the team to have more time for studying :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 42
Update:

So i am going to start with pathogens and benefactors, it seems like a weird section, hopefully i would not spend as much time on it and start with the section about invading the body and Barriers to entry and hopefully I would finish it if I didn't fall asleep on the book :K: because i am already very LATE
Reply 43
Update:

Anyone doing A2 biology Edexcel 8BI01-9BI01 or IAL edexcel biology, feel free to join the thread that I have made
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3892553

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 44
UPDATE

I have decided to update on a regular one hour basis in which each hour I will be doing a target and I have to finish it even though the hour has finished then take a 10 - 15 minutes break and start with the next hour.

I have found in this way, I will be much more productive since I keep wasting time and not accomplishing what I should!

The target is to

Make notes on Invading body section and revise the part of Non-specific responses which i scammed yesterday and complete the next part

The target starts after one minute.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 45
I have finished the target, however, it took way too long so I have to focus more and be less distracted to finish the next target in seriously one hour

but it starts after I complete the build-up notes on the previous target which by means after half an hour

New target:
Finish:

Different kinds of lymphocytes

part of The Humoral response

Next hour target:

complete The Humoral response

Finish The cell-mediated response

There is gonna be a one hour launch break in between

Next hour target:

Make Notes on the above

Total number of hours that should almost be spent : 4 hours and a half (with 10-15 minutes break)

Today Aspiration quote:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by PlayerBB

I gave my M3 mock today while my biology friends were doing their Unit 5 mock - they didn't look too happy :tongue:
Reply 47
I gave my M3 mock today while my biology friends were doing their Unit 5 mock - they didn't look too happy :tongue:

Lol they have the right to, it's a really s*** unit :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 48
Update

Before starting today, I will go through again the Humoral and the cell-mediated response till I get them because I don't want to move on leaving sth that i don't truly understand!! I think I am also going to watch some videos on them!!
Reply 49
How do I revise for biology? (AQA)
Reply 50
Original post by Mina_
How do I revise for biology? (AQA)

It's not the same as my speciation, but usually revising biology includes reading over through your notes, making some if you haven't, understanding things you haven't got

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Update:

In biology, I have finished section 6.2 and organised its notes. I still have to finish section 6.1 and 6.3 before I can EVENTUALLY start with unit 5 which I am wracking about!

Hopefully, If I stay committed, I will finish these two sections by the end of February!

In chemistry,I am planning to finish today till section 11.7 of Transition metals which involves:

11.1 - Electronic Configurations

11.2 - Defining Transition Metals

11.3 - The transition elements as metals

11.4 - Variable Oxidation numbers

11.5 - Coloured ions

11.6 - Action as catalysts

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 52
Update:

In biology, I have finished section 6.2 and organised its notes. I still have to finish section 6.1 and 6.3 before I can EVENTUALLY start with unit 5 which I am wracking about!

Hopefully, If I stay committed, I will finish these two sections by the end of February!

I am planning to finish till section 11.7 of Transition metals which involves:

11.1 - Electronic Configurations

11.2 - Defining Transition Metals

11.3 - The transition elements as metals

11.4 - Variable Oxidation numbers

11.5 - Coloured ions

11.6 - Action as catalysts

ew, transition metals *shudders*
Reply 53
ew, transition metals *shudders*

Yeah :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Update:

I took Yesterday off as I always take Thursdays and Saturdays as days to rest and do whatever I want!

Today, I am going to come back to my hourly programme!

I am going to start after half an hour

First three hours period:

Revise Redox Equilibria intensely

Forth hour period:

Do some questions on it

Reply 55
Update:

I have decided earlier that I am going to spend the rest of the day on it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Update:

So I have decided to stop doing the one hour target and instead just put a target for the whole day and taking 10-15 minutes breaks whenever i feel tired or bored

Today Target:
Biology:

Finish: Asepsis and antisepsis

Finish: Drugs versus microorganisms

Finish: Antibiotics action

Finish: Creating drug-resistant bacteria

Finish: Hospital-acquired infections

Finish: MRSA

If I had enough time left, I will make notes on the above.
Reply 57
Today Goals:
In Biology:

Finish: C.difficile

Finish: Infection prevention and control

Finish: Different types of immunity

Finish: Inducing Immunity

Finish: Eradicating disease

Finish: HSW Dirty vaccines

Finish: HSW The pros and cons of vaccination

Also to complete the notes that I have started it yesterday and try to make notes on the above if I had enough time
Reply 58
Update:

So I have taken Wednesday and Thursday off, I had some stuff I need to handle at school so I was relatively busy!

Let's go back to..............STUDYING :wink:

I haven't finished all of Tuesday goals, Both HSW were left to study and I haven't completed my notes on them because I fell asleep on the book and I woke with NECK pain!

Today, I am going to meet a representative of one of the universities I have applied for, which is at 1:30 so I guess I will be studying after the meeting!

Today GOALS:

Finish: HSW dirty vaccines

Finish: HSW the pros and cons of vaccination

Finish: The causes and symptoms of TB

Finish: Treatment and control of TB

Finish: HSW Badgers and TB

Update:

So I have taken Wednesday and Thursday off, I had some stuff I need to handle at school so I was relatively busy!

Let's go back to..............STUDYING :wink:

I haven't finished all of Tuesday goals, Both HSW were left to study and I haven't completed my notes on them because I fell asleep on the book and I woke with NECK pain!

Today, I am going to meet a representative of one of the universities I have applied for, which is at 1:30 so I guess I will be studying after the meeting!

Today GOALS:

Finish: HSW dirty vaccines

Finish: HSW the pros and cons of vaccination

Finish: The causes and symptoms of TB

Finish: Treatment and control of TB

Finish: HSW Badgers and TB

Which uni :tongue:?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending