Lol, the university of Sunderland :redface:

Good luck :smile:
Original post by PlayerBB
Lol, the university of Sunderland :redface:

How did it go?
Reply 63
Original post by zetamcfc
How did it go?

Thank you for asking :biggrin: , he actually convinced me really well, he said many good points that are really suitable for me as an international student, he said pharmacy is ranked the 6th in the UK at the university of Sunderland and that also I have a really good chance of getting a scholarship, and also that he will be coming in July and August to help me with the VISA application so overall, I was really glad with the outcome and I am thinking of choosing it as one of my choices!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
I have not updated recently as I was incredibly busy and couldn't organize each day targets, so I have studied when I could!

Updates:

I have finished the chapter of transition metals in chemistry and I had started the chapter that it's about arenes, however, I will study the chapter of transition metals intensely on Friday

Today updates:

I know it's late, it's like almost 10 pm over here, yet I really don't want not to study biology, because I HAVE to finish unit 4, so.................

I will finish by the time I fall asleep (I have to drink coffee or sth though):

HIV/AIDS

How HIV is transmitted

How does HIV cause AIDS

The course of an HIV/AIDS infection

Treating AIDS

LET'S HOPE I FINISH THOSE AND I'LL BE SO GLAD!!
Reply 65
So yesterday coffee didn't work for me and I slept!! i didn't finish all of the targets to finish, there is still left

The course of an HIV/AIDS infection

Treating AIDS

which I will be finishing and will make notes on the above

Today Targets

Finish: What is forensic science

Finish: Investigating time of death

Finish: Rigor mortis

Finish: The stages of succession

Finish: Forensic entomology

Finish: HSW - Moving knowledge forward

I will hopefully finish topic 6 by Wednesday (i don't think i'll be doing anything on Thursday as it's results day:eek:) and I have specified Friday to be for chemistry, so I guess on Sunday, I will start unit 5 and on Saturday, i'll be doing some questions on unit 4)
Reply 66
I thought of adding this video, OMG!! I laughed so hard :biggrin:
[video]https://youtu.be/Le3PYERe5Qc[/video]
Reply 67
Today goals

I have to make notes on the above and go over the the stages of succession (the process of decay)and forensic entomology!
Then I will start with what I should finish by today:

Finish: DNA and the genetic code

Finish: How does DNA influence and control protein synthesis

Finish: A non-overlapping code

Finish: HSW - Evidence for a non-overlapping code

Finish: Degenerate code

Finish HSW - Evidence for the triplet codons

Finish: Transcription of the DNA molecule

Finish: Translation of the DNA code - protein synthesis

Finish: HSW - One gene, one protein

They are maybe a lot for one day, but hopefully I will be able to finish all of them!

Here's what motivated me for today. LET'S GO!! :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 68
I totally didn't get the marks I wanted in my January results which means I need to work harder if I want to achieve my dream :frown:

C34 - 113/120 A ( 2 marks off an A*, I am really pissed off) and i think i am going to remark it and if it doesn't work then I'll repeat it

M1 - 62/80 A ( I think I deserve it because I messed up a whole 11 marker question)

Chemistry unit 4 - 64/90 C (3 marks off for a B) but still I was expecting a low A or high B because I lost 7 marks for not completing a question and I was 90% sure about the rest of the exam so going to remark it and repeat it . However, I will have to work harder, because I don't want this happen again, especially in June, it's going to be my last chance!!

Overall: really ***TY DAY, I just hope I can let it all behind and focus on June exams since they're around the corner. The workload will be much higher since I will just start with unit 5 and retakes are putting a lot of pressure!! So I'' just have to do all my best!!
wow that's really great!
Reply 70
Original post by CriticalThinker1
wow that's really great!

thank you!
Reply 71
I totally didn't get the marks I wanted in my January results which means I need to work harder if I want to achieve my dream :frown:

C34 - 113/120 A ( 2 marks off an A*, I am really pissed off) and i think i am going to remark it and if it doesn't work then I'll repeat it

M1 - 62/80 A ( I think I deserve it because I messed up a whole 11 marker question)

Chemistry unit 4 - 64/90 C (3 marks off for a B) but still I was expecting a low A or high B because I lost 7 marks for not completing a question and I was 90% sure about the rest of the exam so going to remark it and repeat it . However, I will have to work harder, because I don't want this happen again, especially in June, it's going to be my last chance!!

Overall: really ***TY DAY, I just hope I can let it all behind and focus on June exams since they're around the corner. The workload will be much higher since I will just start with unit 5 and retakes are putting a lot of pressure!! So I'' just have to do all my best!!

C'mon, you're gonna be a fighter. Remember the name of your blog and hit those June exams hard - they won't see what's coming!
Reply 72
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
C'mon, you're gonna be a fighter. Remember the name of your blog and hit those June exams hard - they won't see what's coming!

Thank you so much Ayman and hopefully I will :smile: :smile:
Reply 73
Let's open a new chapter of our lives, so FINALLY I finished unit 4 biology. That needs a celebration haha......jk

Okay, today I'll have to look over my unit 4 notes to print them out and will study chemistry.

I got a really happy news today....................

Spoiler

Really proud of the drawings I made for some of chemistry and biology notes....(I do this for the first time so hope it works for getting that A*'s)

Today Goals:

Finish Bio4 notes and print them out

Read over the notes to scam the content and then do two past papers..........really lookng forward to them although I know at first I won't get high grades

Study chemistry - Chapter of Arenes and aromatic hydrocarbons and also the Chapter of Amines and amides and organic nitrogen compounds

Make notes on them and do separate notes for the mechanisms

I will be getting that A* in bio and chemistry, although I haven't achieved it for Maths and maybe I will just be getting 2A* but the thing that I have learned that my over confidence in myself has lead me to get marks below my expectations so this results day which I literally survived was a wake up call to put my 100% effort in June exams and to sacrifice some of the bad habits as taking Saturday and Thursday off, I will not be taking any day off because I will be taking many after June exams
Reply 74
Let's open a new chapter of our lives, so FINALLY I finished unit 4 biology. That needs a celebration haha......jk

I think it needs a celebration, for real! :biggrin:

I got a really happy news today....................

Spoiler

That's wonderful! Go you! :rave:
Reply 75
Original post by Zacken
I think it needs a celebration, for real! :biggrin:

That's wonderful! Go you! :rave:

I think I'll do one haha!! :biggrin: and Thank you so much Zain!!! :biggrin::banana:
(edited 8 years ago)
Just saw your blog, I'd like to tell you that, if you put in the hardwork with the right strategy, there is nothing going to stop you from achieving something. Don't be afraid.

Ignore the negativity of your class fellows and/or teachers, Don't let them make you feel down. I can relate to your experience.

You're going amazing and I'm sure you'll be able to achieve your targets & dreams. :wink:

Keep on working hard! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by SaadKaleem
Just saw your blog, I'd like to tell you that, if you put in the hardwork with the right strategy, there is nothing going to stop you from achieving something. Don't be afraid.

Ignore the negativity of your class fellows and/or teachers, Don't let them make you feel down. I can relate to your experience.

You're going amazing and I'm sure you'll be able to achieve your targets & dreams. :wink:

Keep on working hard! :smile:

Thank you so much Saad!! I hope this time I will do the hard work in the right strategy so I won't lose my goals!! And I will try not to be scared!!

And thank you, I will try to ignore their negativity as much as I can and I am pretty sure, every single one of them was pissed off that I got an A in Maths because they were staring like an owl!

I hope I am and I hope I will!! because I would feel the happiest moment of my life :smile:

Hopefully I will and thank you for your motivating words and hope you all the best!! :biggrin:
Reply 78
Yesterday, I made up a quote that have probably changed my entire look to life!!

" Work hard but with a soul, a soul of the fighter! Don't let go your dreams and achieve them in one way or another and be satisfied with what you achieved because others haven't! If you want something so bad, then don't hesitate and don't think about what will happen if you don't achieve it but think about what will happen if you did and believe that you will achieve it" -PlayerBB

Hope it will also motivate others to achieve their goals!!

A target to add to my main target:

Achieve an A* in each unit of A2 biology and chemistry
Reply 79
Today targets:

Today, it's going to mainly chemistry.........

I have installed a playlist so I won't be distracted and finish as much as possible, I have tried it yesterday so I'll use it today as well.

Make notes on the two chapters of chemistry that I have studied on Friday: Arenes - aromatic hydrocarbons and Amines and amides - organic compounds

Solve two past papers and understand each one of my mistakes thoroughly

I hadn't the chance of revising unit 4 notes and to solve two past papers so today I'll be revising the notes and doing one past paper

I didn't have the chance to update on Saturday but I did:

Solve the review question for both chapters which took some time

Started studying the new chapter of Amino acids, proteins and polyemrs but didn't hace the chance to complete it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending