c)1/a+b/c

d) x+1/1-1/x^3= 2/x^3

So you've done a,b and d?

What have you tried for c? :h:
Original post by SeanFM
So you've done a,b and d?

What have you tried for c? :h:

Do a,b and d look correct?

For c) I brought it over so 1= a + b/c then I took the a over 1-a=b/c so then I took the c over so c-ac but it's not a fraction any longer I wouldn't divide by b
Original post by Custardcream000
Simply the following as a single fraction:

a) a/2b divided by b/2a = 2a^2/2b^2

b) 12xy^3/5xy divided by 2xz/3xyz = 36/10 x^-1 y^3z

c)1/a+b/c

d) x+1/1-1/x^3= 2/x^3

a isn't fully simplified but looks okay otherwise.

As you've written it there shouldn't be any x terms in your answer for b, as the x's cancel out in each term before you even try to combine them, but I suspect that with so many terms there could be a typo there somewhere. 36/10 is correct but could be simplified. y^3 is correct but the z's should cancel out as it is written so no z's there.

for d), I'm not entirely sure what you've written. Is it x+111x3\frac{x+1}{1-\frac{1}{x^3}}

Do a,b and d look correct?

For c) I brought it over so 1= a + b/c then I took the a over 1-a=b/c so then I took the c over so c-ac but it's not a fraction any longer I wouldn't divide by b

There is no equals sign there originally so you can't do what you did for c. It's combining two fractions into one, as if you were trying to add them.
Original post by SeanFM
a isn't fully simplified but looks okay otherwise.

As you've written it there shouldn't be any x terms in your answer for b, as the x's cancel out in each term before you even try to combine them, but I suspect that with so many terms there could be a typo there somewhere. 36/10 is correct but could be simplified. y^3 is correct but the z's should cancel out as it is written so no z's there.

for d), I'm not entirely sure what you've written. Is it x+111x3\frac{x+1}{1-\frac{1}{x^3}}

There is no equals sign there originally so you can't do what you did for c. It's combining two fractions into one, as if you were trying to add them.

So would it be 1/a +c/b
(edited 8 years ago)
So would it be 1/a +b/c

That's what you start with.. and then to actually add those two fractions, what do you do?

Quick Reply

Latest