The Student Room Group

PAT 2023 Online Calculator

Tried sitting the online practise PAT yesterday and using the digital scientific calculator felt like trying to walk uphill in roller-skates. It only gives answers in decimals and (I might just be being thick here) trying to input numbers in standard form is god-awful. Anyone else struggling with it or is this just a me problem?
does the calculator have an option to show answers as fractions?
Original post by Anonymous
Tried sitting the online practise PAT yesterday and using the digital scientific calculator felt like trying to walk uphill in roller-skates. It only gives answers in decimals and (I might just be being thick here) trying to input numbers in standard form is god-awful. Anyone else struggling with it or is this just a me problem?

Yes i’m also really struggling with it and it slows me down quite a bit but everyone is in the same boat
Reply 3
Nah fr I am *this* close to punching my computer or myself. Could someone please teach me how to use the logxBasey function and the 0yroot function
this calculator is so baddd broooo
Original post by uhh.sabby
this calculator is so baddd broooo

Where can I find the online calculator
it's horrible

Original post by Anonymous
Where can I find the online calculator

you can check it out at the sample online PAT at the bottom of this page

Original post by jandoe
Nah fr I am *this* close to punching my computer or myself. Could someone please teach me how to use the logxBasey function and the 0yroot function

to take the log of A with base B: (A) logxBasey (B)
to take the yth root of x: (x) yroot (y)
Reply 7
the online calculator is actually hell .. apparently my schools computer's are acting up and not working properly either ... dreading tomorrow
Reply 8
Original post by studyomi
the online calculator is actually hell .. apparently my schools computer's are acting up and not working properly either ... dreading tomorrow

Just relax, I have a feeling that this year’s pat will include mostly algebraic analysis instead of purely calculating with actual numbers.
just received the email saying that we get to bring our own calculators for tomorrow!
presumably due to the technical difficulties the platform experienced today
this is incredibly good news i really struggled with the digital calculator
Original post by mathsphysicschem
just received the email saying that we get to bring our own calculators for tomorrow!
presumably due to the technical difficulties the platform experienced today
this is incredibly good news i really struggled with the digital calculator

alhamdhulillah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending