The Student Room Group

Finding the concentration of a solution

For my advanced higher chemistry project I am analysing bleach, and working out the hypochlorite ion concentration in different bleaches and working out which one is the best value. I have to use two different techniques, I am currently doing a titration, titrating a bleach solution(containing potassium iodide) against a sodium thiosulfate solution. To workout the exact concentration of the sodium thiosulfate solution I am using standardisation. But I was wondering if there was another technique to do this, and what that is and how you would do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing pretty much the exact same thing and I think that's the only way to get the concentration, it was the only one I used and it seemed to work fine for me. Are you using colorimetry as your other method?
Original post by calicocollie
I'm doing pretty much the exact same thing and I think that's the only way to get the concentration, it was the only one I used and it seemed to work fine for me. Are you using colorimetry as your other method?

Are you doing advanced higher chemistry? You need to have two methods/techniques one of which is titration but I need another one, how are you using colorimetry for this project?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending