The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by phoebecushion
this was last years questions are you still learning it in detail

I probably won't learn it in as much detail as the others however my teacher said to be wary as the last time she saw an exam board end their specification they just reprinted the previous years paper.
Original post by adtr0706
Nobody else here doing cognition and development?

I am!!
Original post by GIRLAFAlD
How are you all planning on learning all the information for essays in unit 3? I haven't done an essay subject since GCSE and I just don't know how to memorise the information. So if you guy have any tips, that would be great!

make notes minimizing the info into a sentence or so per point, icl key terminology and researchers/psychologists, memorize these and then practice elaborating the info!
Not sure if it has been asked before... But is it at all likely that AQA would ever ask a question of the same topic that they asked last year?

It fairly safe to just ignore topics asked last year?

( I will probably ensure I know all anyway, but I was just wondering)
Original post by Marli-Ruth
I got an A at AS 164 ums :frown:
How well do I need to do this year? Or how likely is an A*/A?i
About the same or better? Or can I slack a bit?

A* s never slack . 😂😁🙏🏻⌛️💪💡🎓
Original post by Blonde_Pretzel

I feel like i'm going to fail this exam and not get into uni :-( Please give me motivation.
Original post by miajohnsonhall
Loopa predicts biological or evolutionary, as niether have come up for gender. I agree with him on this one! image.png

I feel that there must be a reason for it never coming up though! They had so many opportunities
were expected to spend 10 mins for a01, 20 mins for a02, in guessing just under 1000 words over all? is it possible to write eloquently this quickly or should be sacrifice legibility for the shorter, point based writing style?
e.g. would this be acceptable for part of a01 on the biological theory of gender?

the biological theory of gender states inherited genes are the main influence on gender development. we inherit either XX(female) or XY(male) chromosomes. until 6 weeks, the embryo's gonadal ridges are identical, at 6 weeks gonadal differentiation takes place. if Y chromosome is present, HY antigen is produced (the wolfian system) and the testosterone causes the development of the gonadal ridges into testes. if no Y chromosome is present, no HY antigen is released, and the mullerian system causes gonads to develop into female sexual organs such as the fallopian tubes and ovaries. gonadal differentiation is one way our inhereted gendered chromosomes affect our pre natal development, leading to the post natal differences in male and female genetalia.
i would then go on to talk about hormones and the emasculation of the brain ofc
(too blunt? more elaboration for this point?)
Original post by pentagonath
Not sure if it has been asked before... But is it at all likely that AQA would ever ask a question of the same topic that they asked last year?

It fairly safe to just ignore topics asked last year?

( I will probably ensure I know all anyway, but I was just wondering)

I don't think they've ever repeated questions two years in a row, and even if they did they wouldn't do two full essays in a row....

Even then, I'd never go in unprepared though, that's just asking for that exam to be the exception aha
Original post by Socychoictraphy
I feel like i'm going to fail this exam and not get into uni :-( Please give me motivation.

The good news is you can't fail.. If you got an A at AS THEN YOU HAVE ALREADY PASSED A2! Just go and do your best and everything else is a bonus.... Last year 62.5% was an A grade on PSYA3 so you can definitely do this.
What topics do you study? If you do relationships these will help : https://youtu.be/xV82gsXqeDY

https://youtu.be/nvq7CMr37nM
Reply 1990
Original post by yasx_
can someone read my A01 for group displays of aggression? i want to make sure it's a solid 7/8 if not 8/8 but i feel that it is long and doesn't make sense.. can anyone help me improve it please?

anyone?
The good news is you can't fail.. If you got an A at AS THEN YOU HAVE ALREADY PASSED A2! Just go and do your best and everything else is a bonus.... Last year 62.5% was an A grade on PSYA3 so you can definitely do this.
What topics do you study? If you do relationships these will help : https://youtu.be/xV82gsXqeDY

https://youtu.be/nvq7CMr37nM

I got a C at AS but i resat PSYA2 and that went quite well :biggrin:. Wow those grade boundaries are insanely low, is that due to students performing worse or are they usually that low?

I do relationships, eating behaviour and aggression.

I'll check your videos out now, thanks!
Original post by yasx_
anyone?

sounds amazing! good luck on writing that much in the exam though
Original post by Socychoictraphy
I got a C at AS but i resat PSYA2 and that went quite well :biggrin:. Wow those grade boundaries are insanely low, is that due to students performing worse or are they usually that low?

I do relationships, eating behaviour and aggression.

I'll check your videos out now, thanks!

PSYA3 always has low grading boundaries, last year was actually high!
Keep going :-)
Can someone kindly read my "sexual jealousy and infidelity" AO1 plzzzzzzzz
Reply 1995
sounds amazing! good luck on writing that much in the exam though

I can't tell if this was generally directed at me or a mistake? lol
make notes minimizing the info into a sentence or so per point, icl key terminology and researchers/psychologists, memorize these and then practice elaborating the info!

Memory stories are good https://youtu.be/traRveJj9zM
Guys im a little lost, so if it asks for just one Psychological explanation of anorexia and one bioloigcal? Can i use Cultural Ideals and Media as one for psychological, and Neurotransmitters as one e.g. Serotonin and Dopamine?

Loool that's true 😪😪 I'm just so tired 😭😭😭
Can anyone help me with what I would need to include in A01 for Vygotsky theory of cognitive development? Do I need to include his stages?

Latest

Trending

Trending