The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is it possible to learn all psychology content in the next two weeks as well as a2 history and English literature?
Original post by SunDun111
kinda nervous, revising but nothings going in, usually when i realise an exam isnt long away my brain just remembers things a lot quicker.. but atm its not

Don't panic! Just take it day by day otherwise you'll stress and won't be able to retain information. I was the WORST when it came to stress, until a week or so ago when I realised there's nothing you can do but try your best from now on, you can still do it! But make it easier for yourself and don't think about the exam that's ahead
Original post by A-LJLB
Don't panic! Just take it day by day otherwise you'll stress and won't be able to retain information. I was the WORST when it came to stress, until a week or so ago when I realised there's nothing you can do but try your best from now on, you can still do it! But make it easier for yourself and don't think about the exam that's ahead

true managed to get an A in unit 2 last year with pretty much 3 days revision (i honestly dnt kknow how)
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
Is it possible to learn all psychology content in the next two weeks as well as a2 history and English literature?

I started psychology about a week ago, but im going to start revising in detail psychology and history this week, its going to be a struggle but it is doable, i remember history well as its like a story so all ill be doing is filling in details.

For pyschology all i do is write the topic headings at the top of A3 paper and essentially list all of the explanations/theories then at the bottom critic them using other explanations/theories and IDA.

Good luck!

I think it would be tough to cover psychology in that time - I've been revising for it for about 4 weeks and I'm just about getting there. What topic are you doing in History? My exam is on Britain 1918-1964.

Yes definitely, im in similar situation, dont forget with exam leave you have a full day to revise no hmwrk no college etc, for the first unit there is around 25 essays, so if you just learnt 5 a day within a week youve finished one full exam.

And then for the other unit research method is a big factor and that should take a day max since most is common sense answers, besides the chi squared stuff in which just go through past papers and learn the answers.
For the two other units in that exam, there is around 15 essays in total. So again within 3-4 days youve finished that.

Dont forget you could easily learn more essays in the day. lets say for argument sake it takes 1h to learn an essay this includes rewriting it several times and then practicing under exam conditions for the 30 mins. So you give yourself 30 mins to actually memorize by rewriting it out, and then the other 30 you practice it under timed conditions. if you do this for 7h in the day you could easily finish psych both exams in about a week.
Original post by lettheheadsroll
I think it would be tough to cover psychology in that time - I've been revising for it for about 4 weeks and I'm just about getting there. What topic are you doing in History? My exam is on Britain 1918-1964.

I would say if you started within the last week or so its the best time, especially for essay subjects since it will be forgotten because theres a lot of studies, for me and others who memorize essays if you can learn around 7 a day you could finish both exams within a week.
Original post by A-LJLB
Yeah, exactly what mine say regarding methodological evaluation. Mine just advise us to use IDA as its easily linked to the theory itself and can be elaborated on well to gain marks, and I trust them as they're current examiners, my mock was an A* so I'm happy with my essay style

I get the whole not using methodological criticisms unless youre desperate and/or you relate to its broader implications on the theory itself buuuut...

(gonna hope youre doing biological rhythms) questions like "describe and evaluate research on circadian rhythms" is it not basically asking you to use methodological criticisms? Because surely if youre using all studies as AO1 here youre gonna need a hell of a lot of other evaluation points?
Reply 788
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Yes definitely, im in similar situation, dont forget with exam leave you have a full day to revise no hmwrk no college etc, for the first unit there is around 25 essays, so if you just learnt 5 a day within a week youve finished one full exam.

And then for the other unit research method is a big factor and that should take a day max since most is common sense answers, besides the chi squared stuff in which just go through past papers and learn the answers.
For the two other units in that exam, there is around 15 essays in total. So again within 3-4 days youve finished that.

Dont forget you could easily learn more essays in the day. lets say for argument sake it takes 1h to learn an essay this includes rewriting it several times and then practicing under exam conditions for the 30 mins. So you give yourself 30 mins to actually memorize by rewriting it out, and then the other 30 you practice it under timed conditions. if you do this for 7h in the day you could easily finish psych both exams in about a week.

This is actually really reassuring... i'm just about finished writing out all the essays for unit 3 but i need to start memorising them...

you said you can potentially learn like 7 a day.. How on earth do you memorise essays so quickly?!

bare in mind i've also got english and sociology to revise for but psychology is my priority rn as the exam is like really soon:smile:
Original post by evekay
This is actually really reassuring... i'm just about finished writing out all the essays for unit 3 but i need to start memorising them...

you said you can potentially learn like 7 a day.. How on earth do you memorise essays so quickly?!

bare in mind i've also got english and sociology to revise for but psychology is my priority rn as the exam is like really soon:smile:

yeh ive got bio and sociology, for biology ive almost finished the first exam, and have started the second one. Sociology weve done and ive done loads in class so i know when i go to reivse it it wont take me that long maybe a day or two for the first exam. The second one may take longer.

In terms of memorizing literally all i do is read through the essay, i then memorize paragraphs at a time, so for example most of the a01 stuff is easy to remember since it makes sense and isnt that difficult. So after reading a few times i then rewrite it out. I do this for the entire essay including the studies, bearing in mind i rewrite it out and say it around 5 times. Once this is done i do a timed essay. The first part will take around 30 mins. so around 1h to do a full essay. If you start now and do it for 6h and learn 6 essays. It takes us to 6pm, obviously you will be taking breaks so if we add an hour break for the 6h doing 6 essays youll be done by around 7pm.

Do you want to it together? As in we both learn the essay and then comeback in 30 mins time and do a timed essay and upload our essays? if youre doing the same topics?
Original post by Bekah22
I get the whole not using methodological criticisms unless youre desperate and/or you relate to its broader implications on the theory itself buuuut...

(gonna hope youre doing biological rhythms) questions like "describe and evaluate research on circadian rhythms" is it not basically asking you to use methodological criticisms? Because surely if youre using all studies as AO1 here youre gonna need a hell of a lot of other evaluation points?

Studies aren't AO1? unless you explicitly make them AO1
Is anyone learning neural and hormonal mechanisms of aggression separately or together? Because I can't see it coming up separately and the loopa answers write them together but there's always the chance

They may ask them separately but as a 4 marker maybe or maximum 4+6? If it came up as a 24 marker which i hope it would be together!
Original post by A-LJLB
Studies aren't AO1? unless you explicitly make them AO1

Yeah but when the Q says outline research would you not need to make them AO1?
Original post by Bekah22

Even if you dont make them a01 and say an a02 point such as research to support or refute etc, you would still get marks for a01 since its detail and knowledge. Studies im sure always score a01 marks but not all score a02 unless worded in a way to do so.
Im doing all the same topics as you apart from Depression..has Loopa made any predictions on addiction yet or not? Can't seem to find anything yet
Reply 795
yeh ive got bio and sociology, for biology ive almost finished the first exam, and have started the second one. Sociology weve done and ive done loads in class so i know when i go to reivse it it wont take me that long maybe a day or two for the first exam. The second one may take longer.

In terms of memorizing literally all i do is read through the essay, i then memorize paragraphs at a time, so for example most of the a01 stuff is easy to remember since it makes sense and isnt that difficult. So after reading a few times i then rewrite it out. I do this for the entire essay including the studies, bearing in mind i rewrite it out and say it around 5 times. Once this is done i do a timed essay. The first part will take around 30 mins. so around 1h to do a full essay. If you start now and do it for 6h and learn 6 essays. It takes us to 6pm, obviously you will be taking breaks so if we add an hour break for the 6h doing 6 essays youll be done by around 7pm.

Do you want to it together? As in we both learn the essay and then comeback in 30 mins time and do a timed essay and upload our essays? if youre doing the same topics?

honestly thank you so much!

I think it might be really helpful to do it together, however as I'm a distance learning student I'm allowed to do my exams on a computer so I'm lucky enough not to have to worry too much about timings. 30 minutes doesn't seem like a lot to memorise an essay though so I might need to do a few myself before doing them with you! Hope that's okay..
I'm doing bio rhythms and sleep, relationships and gender for psya3 and schizophrenia and research methods for psya4!

let me know how you want to stay in touch, maybe whatsapp? or we can just send messages on here:smile:

I'm about to start writing the essays for psya4 but i'm not sure if that's wise, maybe I should begin memorising the essays for psya3 :s-smilie:
Original post by evekay
honestly thank you so much!

I think it might be really helpful to do it together, however as I'm a distance learning student I'm allowed to do my exams on a computer so I'm lucky enough not to have to worry too much about timings. 30 minutes doesn't seem like a lot to memorise an essay though so I might need to do a few myself before doing them with you! Hope that's okay..
I'm doing bio rhythms and sleep, relationships and gender for psya3 and schizophrenia and research methods for psya4!

let me know how you want to stay in touch, maybe whatsapp? or we can just send messages on here:smile:

I'm about to start writing the essays for psya4 but i'm not sure if that's wise, maybe I should begin memorising the essays for psya3 :s-smilie:

Hi for psay 3 im doing the exact same but isntead of gender im doing aggression. Psay 4 im doing depression and addiction.

Yeh sure what ill do is im going to start relationships because there is 7 essays i think mayb 6. So ill feel better getting this out of the way first. Yeh we can just messages on here and check each others essay once weve written them.

Im going to start mine now and then ill upload the essay once ive done
Reply 797
Hi for psay 3 im doing the exact same but isntead of gender im doing aggression. Psay 4 im doing depression and addiction.

Yeh sure what ill do is im going to start relationships because there is 7 essays i think mayb 6. So ill feel better getting this out of the way first. Yeh we can just messages on here and check each others essay once weve written them.

Im going to start mine now and then ill upload the essay once ive done

i forgot to say i'm doing addiction in psya4 as well!

That sounds like a plan, I might start now on relationships as well as getting that out of the way will be relatively easy! maybe send me a private message when you're done so we don't clog up this feed though haha:smile:
Original post by evekay
i forgot to say i'm doing addiction in psya4 as well!

That sounds like a plan, I might start now on relationships as well as getting that out of the way will be relatively easy! maybe send me a private message when you're done so we don't clog up this feed though haha:smile:

Yeh sure ill upload one essay to here and if no one else wants to see them we can just send them each other, a word of warning they will be hand written, and although my hand writing is normally neat when under timed conditions they may deteriorate.
Original post by Bekah22

No, the essay is the same its just how they've worded the question

Latest

Trending

Trending